Jets nearing agreement with WR Jamison Crowder

jetskid007

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

This is great to hear.  Big fan of Dan and his breakdowns.

I ABSOLUTELY LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEE the Crowder signing for the @nyjets he’s the best inside WR in this FA class and speaks the QB with his routes/body language so well. Tape tomorrow!

Same here. A WR who makes Darnold's job easier with his football IQ alone is a very valuable piece for us, just hope he can stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah mainly due to injury concerns not play on the field.  I love the Crowder signing but there is a reason Humphries has played more games as you said.

I can see that.  Though he has played 16, 16, 15, and 9 games.  So last year is the only time he has missed significant time.

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I can see that.  Though he has played 16, 16, 15, and 9 games.  So last year is the only time he has missed significant time.

He always plays nicked up and it affects his performance.

30 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Think you misread that post.

I actually think Humphries ceiling purely as a slot receiver is higher; however, apparently Gase feels he can be a lot more creative with Crowder, hence his affinity for him. Reminds me of the Albert Wilson addition last year. 

Humphries at $9 per is a better deal. had we gotten Humphries at that price, I would have giving Macc a B. Crowder is less proven, so my initial grade is a B-. Not bad at all. There were no homeruns to be had WR. So that’s a solid start.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Humphries at $9 per is a better deal. had we gotten Humphries at that price, I would have giving Macc a B. Crowder is less proven, so my initial grade is a B-. Not bad at all. There were no homeruns to be had WR. So that’s a solid start.

Crowder is more proven but has battled injuries

Archived