Jets nearing agreement with WR Jamison Crowder

jetskid007

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Crowder is more proven but has battled injuries

Crowder has been more durable than I expected. Just realized he only missed meaningful time last year. But I think durability is part of it though. I would pay more for someone who I know is going to be available every week. 

I think Macc made a solid move signing Crowder. I just think, relative to the Humphries signing, we overpaid. Nothing to kill Macc about though. This is a good start and I am happy about it. 

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

It's 5% of our cap space if that puts it into perspective a little better

People have to start realizing the numbers are going to be high. This, plus guarantees, have a lot more merit. 

What I like most about the Crowder addition? Expectations of him aren’t outrageous. A lot of times we sign a guy in free agency (say even Pryor last year) and expect them to light the world on fire. If Crowder hits the median of what he has done throughout his career it’ll be a solid signing (for the record I think he’ll do much more given that the offense will be better schemed around him). 

The most underrated aspect of this is his character. Apparently a hard worker, high IQ... all good things 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

People have to start realizing the numbers are going to be high. This, plus guarantees, have a lot more merit. 

What I like most about the Crowder addition? Expectations of him aren’t outrageous. A lot of times we sign a guy in free agency (say even Pryor last year) and expect them to light the world on fire. If Crowder hits the median of what he has done throughout his career it’ll be a solid signing (for the record I think he’ll do much more given that the offense will be better schemed around him). 

The most underrated aspect of this is his character. Apparently a hard worker, high IQ... all good things 

I just said yesterday that he and Humphries are who I wnated. And we got 1. Crowder signing I love. We don’t have a guy like him and he can allow us to get creative with Q. I still think a guy needs to be drafted as the 4th guy to be more of an outside guy. But this was a great signing if you ask me. We can grab Paradis before the days done and hopefully convince Bell... and we did a lot to help this offense in just a few days.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I just said yesterday that he and Humphries are who I wnated. And we got 1. Crowder signing I love. We don’t have a guy like him and he can allow us to get creative with Q. I still think a guy needs to be drafted as the 4th guy to be more of an outside guy. But this was a great signing if you ask me. We can grab Paradis before the days done and hopefully convince Bell... and we did a lot to help this offense in just a few days.

I see Crowder and Q stacked on the same side with Robby on the other side.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I see Crowder and Q stacked on the same side with Robby on the other side.

Yes I believe we get creative. But a 4th guy will still be needed. But these 3 guys will be good weapons. Bell would be great. Bc he is pretty much another WR

10 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

I kind of felt like this add was redundant. Q fits in nicely in the slot. I guess this pushes him outside which i dont love tbh. 

He had his best season when he was moved outside when Decker went down

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Q is vastly overrated. Guys had 5 TDs in his whole career. Crowder has had 14. Instantly Crowder should be higher on the pecking order than Q. 

Maybe on production but not ability. Q is a monster when healthy. Remember we haven’t seen him yet under a top tier offensive coach. 

37 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Maybe on production but not ability. Q is a monster when healthy. Remember we haven’t seen him yet under a top tier offensive coach. 

True. But that’s a lot of just hope. In reality he’s often injured and besides one year... hasn’t been anything worth talking about. He absolutely deserves a spot and I hope he becomes a vital part for this team. But to think he’s already there is optimistic. Bc he stats and health don’t lie.

Lets hope now that we have Anderson, Crowder, Herdon and of course Bell we can limit Q's touches and keep him on the field more.  Him getting force fed over the middle taking punishment each week is probably why he couldn't stay healthy.  Let him move outside and do his thing.  It's better for us and him.  Let Crowder use his quickness inside.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

True. But that’s a lot of just hope. In reality he’s often injured and besides one year... hasn’t been anything worth talking about. He absolutely deserves a spot and I hope he becomes a vital part for this team. But to think he’s already there is optimistic. Bc he stats and health don’t lie.

I think Q is so under-utilised and we have never had a gameplan for him to really get the best out of him. When healthy he could be a beast under Gase

Just now, xenajets said:

I think Q is so under-utilised and we have never had a gameplan for him to really get the best out of him. When healthy he could be a beast under Gase

But I think Crowder will get more of the touches than that of Q under Gase. And quite frankly he deserves it more bc he's proven more over his career. They've been in the league the same time and Crowder has 1,000 more yards and 9 more TDs

Archived