Jets nearing agreement with WR Jamison Crowder

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But I think Crowder will get more of the touches than that of Q under Gase. And quite frankly he deserves it more bc he's proven more over his career. They've been in the league the same time and Crowder has 1,000 more yards and 9 more TDs

Kirk Cousins vs Fitz/McCown/Petty

Three things: 

1) Gase runs a lot 11 personnel, meaning empty backfield (Enunwa will get plenty of snaps in the slot, as will Robby, Le'Veon, and Herndon). 

2) Part of the reason we signed Crowder was because Gase felt he could be more creative with him in different roles and in one-on-one situations (not just a slot receiver). 

3) Enunwa's most productive years were 2016 and 2018 before injury. In both years, Enunwa was used all over the field as a true #2 WR (he is versatile as a flanker and slot receiver). 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

True. But that’s a lot of just hope. In reality he’s often injured and besides one year... hasn’t been anything worth talking about. He absolutely deserves a spot and I hope he becomes a vital part for this team. But to think he’s already there is optimistic. Bc he stats and health don’t lie.

Playing inside of Decker/Marshall he was starting to breakout, then he got hurt the next year. Last year he started strong but Darnold sucked until he got hurt and came back and at the point the offense shifted to Herndon/Robby. 

I think Gase is going to utilize him well, health is important obviously but we can say that in regards to everyone. Most guys don’t play or play well when hurt.

Archived