Titans Officially Sign Adam Humphries

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

We overpaid a player based not on what he is or what he can do, but for some bulk stats he posts during garbage time out of the slot.

He was undrafted for a reason. And he produced decent stats because of garbage time and having players like Mike Evans draw all the attention. 

One of those overpaid contracts we look back in 2-3 years and laugh at our front office. 

Wes Welker was undrafted 🤔

I don't hate this move... but not super excited either.  Would have much rather gone Crowder, at about the same AAV.  We'll see how much Tate and Cobb get as well, but I would have either of them if they end up with a similar contract. 

Breaking down Humphries snaps/stats, the following stands out:

• Humphries ran the 3rd most routes per game in the NFL... 41.6 routes per game... 75.8% of his snaps were passing plays (is he not a good pass blocker and is then almost exclusively only in teh games on passing downs... or was this specific to TB?)
  • 78.4% of his snaps were out of the slot
  • He was 25th in the league in targets... 6.5/game... but only had a total of 14 red zone targets (10 receptions)
  • He had 388 air yards (3.7/target... 56th in the league) and 428 yards after the catch (4.1/target... 8th in the league).  Shows he's the ultimate slot/short route guy with little deep threat ability.
  • He had an 86.5% catchable target rate... 13th in the NFL... but only 45th in True Catch Rate (total receptions divided by catchable targets)
  • The website I'm looking at counted 6 drops (not 1)... and a drop rate of 5.8%... 36th in the NFL.
  • Also had him with only 3/9 on contested catches.

I don't know... just a few stats.  Hope he works out... hope he gives Mariota a reliable target underneath.  Davis/Walker should fill the the intermediate/versatile positions... just need someone to stretch the field a bit for these guys. 

Not the big flashy signing but he we will work for what we need him for. The WR room needed help. Adam helps so cant be mad. 

I wouldnt be surprised if we bring in another WR at some point. 

Also Adam can catch so that will be a change around here lololol

I like this signing so much that (and I can't believe I am saying this) I think we are pretty much set at WR...for the most part...I foresee us adding one more guy to compete with Taylor or Sharpe...but all in all if I had to go into this season with what we have now I would be okay with it...for my money I am focused on o-line.

Had what should have been an obvious thought on the want for a Tyrell Williams type WR on this team.

I don’t know the height difference but dont we already have a guy on this team who should be doing the same things Williams does?

Not Taylor not Sharpe not Bapson not Jennings but maybe the 5th overall pick from 2 years Corey Davis?

Davis was the 5th overall pick it’s time to start playing like it. I would have taken OBJ or AB in a heartbeat but Corey Davis needs to be the guy that makes us not need another WR to make Davis a number 2. Davis needs to be “The Man”

I wanted Humphries all offseason. 

Humphries will have a great year regardless of Davis’s production but Humphries could have close to Welker type seasons if Davis can become that true number 1.

13 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't hate this move... but not super excited either.  Would have much rather gone Crowder, at about the same AAV.  We'll see how much Tate and Cobb get as well, but I would have either of them if they end up with a similar contract. 

Breaking down Humphries snaps/stats, the following stands out:

• Humphries ran the 3rd most routes per game in the NFL... 41.6 routes per game... 75.8% of his snaps were passing plays (is he not a good pass blocker and is then almost exclusively only in teh games on passing downs... or was this specific to TB?)
  • 78.4% of his snaps were out of the slot
  • He was 25th in the league in targets... 6.5/game... but only had a total of 14 red zone targets (10 receptions)
  • He had 388 air yards (3.7/target... 56th in the league) and 428 yards after the catch (4.1/target... 8th in the league).  Shows he's the ultimate slot/short route guy with little deep threat ability.
  • He had an 86.5% catchable target rate... 13th in the NFL... but only 45th in True Catch Rate (total receptions divided by catchable targets)
  • The website I'm looking at counted 6 drops (not 1)... and a drop rate of 5.8%... 36th in the NFL.
  • Also had him with only 3/9 on contested catches.

I don't know... just a few stats.  Hope he works out... hope he gives Mariota a reliable target underneath.  Davis/Walker should fill the the intermediate/versatile positions... just need someone to stretch the field a bit for these guys. 

on the bright side, there's no better team in the NFL that developing WRs and getting their max potential than us, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

on the bright side, there's no better team in the NFL that developing WRs and getting their max potential than us, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

I too wanted TyRell Williams but i believe someone said it best, Marcus struggles are reading the whole field sitting in the pocket. I feel that humphries is about the Titans developing a offense to build around mariota skill set, guys that can get open underneath & keep drives alive. 

Archived