Terrell Suggs will NOT be returning - expected to sign w Arizona

ravens5520

Edit... not sure why I couldn’t copy and paste a screen shot.. but Jason La Canfora reported on twitter

Terrell Suggs informed the Ravens he will be moving on to another club. Some of his teammates have mentioned Arizona as a possible landing spot”

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Figured the team would look very different on defense next year, but sheesh.

Yeah wow we're going to be without ALL of our leaders on defense next year. That's.....not a good thing. I assumed that we'd still have Suggs next year with Mosley gone to assume the leadership mantle but without the Suggs/Mosley/Weddle we have no leaders on defense.

I though I'd care more, but now that's it happening I don't really. Suggs gets the feeling that we aren't going to be pushing for a championship under Lamar right now. And with his career winding down he's chasing the money.

Sucks to lose him, but I want players that want to be here. Especially those in a leadership position.

We still have plenty of veterans on defense. Carr, Williams, Levine. I'm not worried. There isn't going to be some collapse of the defense because some old players are gone. It doesn't magically make everyone a lot worse. Younger Vets and younger players period, will step up capably. 

Suggs and Weddle could have just as easily retired this year. Yet everyone is freaking out because they're leaving in another way. Everything is fine.

Here's the thing, when players get older they generally want to pursue championships. The Cardinals aren't competing while Suggs is there. If he believes the Ravens aren't competing either, why not just go to a team that will be? He's been in the league 16 years - he's GOTTA be completely taken care of money-wise. I don't understand the desire to go to Arizona.

Archived