Terrell Suggs will NOT be returning - expected to sign w Arizona

ravens5520

I'm grateful to what Suggs brought to the Ravens on the field. His leadership and setting the tone on the edge (both against the run and pass) will be missed. 

With him and likely Smith gone it's time to see what Williams and Bowser can do. I'm excited for that. 

Similar to @DreamKid I thought I’d be more emotional. But I guess it makes sense to me. Some are saying Suggs is chasing the money, some are saying that he’s looking to stay close to home... I think it’s definitely a combination of things, but Suggs has always been chasing the HOF. With the Ravens he’s got two guys in Williams and Bowser that are looking to come on strong next season and take away snaps.

With a talent dirth Cardinals squad with low expectations, Suggs can likely regain some snap count and chase those sack records. The higher he climbs the greater likelihood that he makes it to the HOF. His career isn’t a slam dunk HOF career. He was either going to need another championship or another 15-20 sacks to seal it. He probably thinks he’s got the best shot at getting the sacks... especially on a team that lacks the same depth as the Ravens.

The other part of this formula not talked about to this point might be the movie/film side of this. Arizona is a west coast city, much closer to LA. That future avenue might be something Suggs has also been considering.

I was definitely a fan of Suggs and he’s the first selection for the Ravens that I’ve ever watched, but he was never the true leader that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were in that they could Galvanize a locker room. Suggs always struck me as a “lead by example, but not with words” type similar to Ngata. I wish Suggs much career production moving forward.

This was a tough one to see. While I agree that in the end it’s most likely for the best it’s an end of an era. It’s never easy seeing a player that completely embodies a team leave. Ed Reed and Suggs should have retired Ravens but it’s the business I get it but just sucks. The last of the Mohicans is gone. It’s a whole new ball game lets build the next legacy of players that 16-20 years from now will be saying it’s an end of an era. Hopefully Humphrey can be that for us.

damn. all time great Raven, wish him all the best for the sunset of his career. gonna miss his cheeky humor, and who is going to come out the tunnel pumping up the crowd now?

anyway, fully expecting a vet signing aka Brandon Marshall now.

ps. he'll have a homecoming game this coming season, Cards are going to play @Baltimore

Interesting that Ozzie steps down and Suggs leaves. Wonder if the two are correlated?

It'll be interesting to see if swagged out free agent players are as willing to play for our squad with DeCosta as the main guy vs Ozzie. I mean, Ozzie always had the players’ GM (similar to player coach) status working for him. Will be interesting to see what DeCosta brings to the table.

Archived