Preseason Week 4 GDT: Titans (1-2) at Chiefs (1-2)

Titans fan 617

Almost done with preseason. 4th preseason games are pretty much useless but is there any player that can save his job on Thur Night?

Tre McBride is the obvious guy fighting for a job is there any way he can make the roster with a good showing in KC?

Are any of you looking at particular player in this game? I know the battles are pretty much over but will any of you actually be watching 

Just want guys getting out healthy. Don't want to see Mariota in that much. If they ring up a few first downs on his first drive give him the hook. Really I wouldn't play any starters more than a few snaps. I think Adoree should get a good half of CB time in (he could use it), maybe get Jayon Brown in there with the 1's early but other than that let those guys battling for the last spots or practice squad have their shots.

I'm hoping we get Decker back in there for a drive with Marcus and look smooth and build a little momentum moving towards week 1. I'd love to see Corey if he's ready but at this point I just want him to be ready for Oakland. I'd like to see Adoree make some plays and bounce back from that awful game yesterday. Outside of that I just want everyone to get out healthy. We've been lucky so far in the preseason injury wise. Watching Cam tear his Knee up yesterday was sad. I don't wanna see anyone on either side get hurt Thursday lol.

OH MAN WE'RE SO CLOSE TO REAL FOOTBALL BOYS!!! I almost can't believe it. Here's to another wild ride of emotions lmao

46 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I was against playing any starters in this game but after the performance in the last game, I don't mind them playing a series or 2.

Like all preseason games, I just want everyone to come out of this game healthy.

Hopefully they come out and get points on the first drive, and show enough that it's Tanney time the rest of the night.

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

How do you post tweets on here lol 

Just saw one from jim quoting Mike saying EVERYONE will play Thursday. Yesterdays game pissed Mike off more then we think lololol

On desktop not sure how it is on mobile. 

Arrow pointing down on the right of the tweet click it copy link to tweet. Paste it on here and click remove formatting. 

Let the starters play a series or two. Hopefully they come out and look good on the first drive and you can immediately get them out of there.

I'm starting to get worried about Decker. The reporters all seem to have downplayed it when it happened and I feel like it's been awhile since we've actually gotten any word on what's going on with him.

3 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

How do you post tweets on here lol 

Just saw one from jim quoting Mike saying EVERYONE will play Thursday. Yesterdays game pissed Mike off more then we think lololol

It's taking the quote out of context/just a clickbait type thing.

The full statement:

“Everybody will play this game,” Mularkey said.

Mularkey said he doesn’t plan to play the starters for punishment after a sub-par performance against the Bears either.

“That’s not why I’m going to play them, no,” Mularkey said. “That was my thought prior to this game. You’re just talking about a couple weeks in between games. I know you get that in the bye week, I don’t know if you need it in the preseason. That’s the thought, again I haven’t sat down with the staff to talk about it, but that’s kind of the thought. One to two series.

I did miss this from today:

“Yeah, I think we would watch him,’’ he said. “I don’t think you’d see him play an entire game. Again, he’ll have this week to get ready mentally and physically, hopefully get more reps every day. But then next week, we get an extra Monday practice which helps. He’ll get four good days of practice next week, I’m almost sure of that. I think Eric Decker will be the same. That will help to get the extra day in there.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Six-Hot-Topics-from-Presser-with-Titans-Coach-Mike-Mularkey/71d46bb9-a0f7-4d15-8b80-1bd2dc10f641

I'm fine with them not playing Thursday, but at least having confidence that they'll both be practicing next week is a little encouraging.

Archived