Preseason Week 4 GDT: Titans (1-2) at Chiefs (1-2)

Titans fan 617

10 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

At least McBride has stepped up this preseason and showed something in the offense.  He might get the last spot.  Weems or maybe Sharpe could be the odd man out.  Our secondary still looks like ****, and our basic pass rush is nonexistent.  I think Dodd is as good as done IMO.  I tried to give the kid a pass because he's trying to come back, but I've seen NOTHING promising from him that justifies wasting a roster spot on him. 
Right now, I'm more than ready to finally see our newly acquired weapons in Week 1. 

Weems is making the team they have no one consistent if Jackson struggles.

If we really want to go by who showed more this preseason McBride over Douglas IMO. I know Douglas is a veteran but what does he really bring to the table he sucks as a returner he doesn't make plays when he does play. McBride in limited action looked more on the same page with Mariota than some of the other guys

Just now, titans0021 said:

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He also traded LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso.

He also got 25 TDs and 2 INTs out of Nick Foles 2 years prior to getting nothing out of Kapernick. Thinking Kapernick is good would be like thinking Kerry Collins was good in 2008. 

Just now, TitanSS said:

He also got 25 TDs and 2 INTs out of Nick Foles 2 years prior to getting nothing out of Kapernick. Thinking Kapernick is good would be like thinking Kerry Collins was good in 2008. 

So competent enough to win a couple games if Marcus goes down? I'd take 08 Collins as my backup quarterback any day. I'd certainly take him 1000 times before I'd take Cassel.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He threw for 16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions with a supporting cast that bordered on rookie year Mariota levels of bad. He's probably a top 25 quarterback in football while we have a guy that's probably not even in the top 50 backing up Marcus. If Marcus goes down for two or three weeks, we can survive with a guy like CK and try to at least win a game or two and keep the season afloat.

Look deeper into those stats. Some of those TDs were in garbage time when his team was getting smoked. 3 of them came against the saints trash defense while they lost by 17..

Idk I just don't get it. Sure he can run. Sure he has talent. And we probably win a game or two with him if we lean on the running game. But we can do that with Matt. I wouldn't be upset if we signed Kap just don't see the need for it. 

Jags will probably sign him and win the damn superbowl lmao  

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He also traded LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

A typical life rule is to never use Chip Kelly's personnel decisions as any reasonable way to evaluate talent.

No one in SF's media even questioned it, either. Kaep was garbage in that training camp. Local media agreed that Gabbert was outperforming him.

Using his fluff time stats where the only thing he really did at any kind of successful level last year is take care of the ball doesn't really prop him up in anyway. Not to mention it's extremely easy to put up decent numbers in Kelly's offense. Nick Foles and Mark Sanches both looked good(well, at least far better than they actually are) running his offense.

Yes he's worthy of a backup QB job in the NFL, but I've never seen a larger hard on for such a bad player by the media, and it's all because he says he doesn't like racism. What's hilarious is Kaep wouldn't even be out of a job if it wasn't for the media making his kneeling an even bigger deal than it should be. But alas, here we are.

I really don't think he's all that much better than Cassel(he is better, but not by some huge gap) Cassel who plays like he did vs the Texans last year is fine. Doesn't turn it over, completes the easy stuff and can hand it off to Murray and Henry. Even in some world where it made sense to bring Kaepernick in, that's all he'd be doing here anyway.

And honestly, this is probably all a moot point as I'm not sure there's any backup QB that can run the full system Mike Mularkey uses anyway. It requires way too much accuracy and top tier decision making by the QB. So many 2 and 3 man routes where if the ball is not exactly where it's supposed to be, when it's supposed to be there, the play is dead. Mariota consistently threw no look passes just to get guys open. You hope adding better receivers allows for a bit easier of a passing offense, but we're relying on a guy who has injury issues and two rookies for that to improve(3 if you count Smith at TE, but Walker is still the main guy there).

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

So competent enough to win a couple games if Marcus goes down? I'd take 08 Collins as my backup quarterback any day. I'd certainly take him 1000 times before I'd take Cassel.

And Kerry Collins actually was good in 2008. He carried us vs Chicago and Pittsburgh and played more than well enough to beat Baltimore in the post season(did have a pick, but eh) if not for CJ's injury and fumbles by Crumpler and White in the redzone(plus a missed 50 yarder by Bironas)

Did Cassell not win when Mariota went down? Is Tim Tebow a QB we should have take over Cassell as well? We'll just have to agree to disagree. I never saw anything in Kaepernick that lead me to believe he would be suited to do anything without Harbaugh. Hell, even Cassell looked good and made the playoffs when he had a top notch coach.

Archived