Bears sign Mike Davis

beardown3231

Don't know much about him other than the stats I'm currently reading but seemingly he is the guy who Thanos snap's Mizzell from this roster as a RB that get receiving targets.  Unsure if he's intended to be more than that, however.

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

@Madmike90 Your guy!

I really like this pick up for all the reasons I previously stated...looking forward to seeing the contract numbers but I think in terms of what he did behind a terrible Seahawks OL he is a player on the way up...RBBC here we come.

Basically got what many expected us to give Spencer Ware. I’m fine with this. People are freaking cuz he’s not Bell, Coleman or Ingram, but he’s a good versatile player and the kind of value buy we’ve been forecasting to pair with a RB likely taken with one of our top picks. 5’9” 217lb is a wrecking ball. 

If people are freaking now wait til Howard is moved out with Davis as the projected starter... 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If people are freaking now wait til Howard is moved out with Davis as the projected starter..

If Howard gets moved I'd basically change any draft mocks to include a trade up to get a specific RB target somewhere around the mid-late 2nd round.

I like Cunningham more than most, but he's a #2, as is imo this Davis guy.... and I think Cohen is more of a "1b" guy himself limited more by size/potential durability than talent.  The wildcard is that guy on our practice squad, but he honestly underwhelmed me last preseason compared to my expectations.

9 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

That's a full sized contract for a 3rd down back projected for more carries. I can't imagine he's 3-4x better than a min contract guy and we still need a starter.  I hope our next RB signing is better. 

3M a year is "full sized?"

Good option signing.  He gives us the ability to move on from Howard and prioritize RB in the draft or he can supplement Howard if we don't move him.

I knew Pace wouldn't pull the plug 'til he signed a FA RB and given the numbers being batted around for the top guys this makes sense.  If we sign another RB we drop Howard and Davis is only costing us a mil more.  And even if we keep Howard were at $5 mil or less for two RBs and we add a rookie.

Happier with this move than losing Callahan for Skrine.

Archived