Bears sign Mike Davis

beardown3231

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Classic Pace signing a journeyman at a need so he doesn't necessarily have to draft one he doesn't love.

Yup.  He gives us options without having to spend a ton on a guy whose more or less a versatile supplemental back.

Kind of an ideal RBBC type if that's what we end up and we may either with Howard or a rookie.

I'd call it a good move and now he can try to wangle some good deals for Howard between now and the draft.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

You got all that from 4 total touches 😂

He got what he deserved. It was week 1.  Who was injured for them?  A game plan of 4 touches is what he earned. We're paying him based off of an OK #2 back season. We're not gonna look at the rest of his career?  Why can't he ever beat anyone out in the NFL?  Let's not see everything him Homer colored goggles. He's not that good. 

Just now, Damikeeeee said:

He got what he deserved. It was week 1.  Who was injured for them?  A game plan of 4 touches is what he earned. We're paying him based off of an OK #2 back season. We're not gonna look at the rest of his career?  Why can't he ever beat anyone out in the NFL?  Let's not see everything him Homer colored goggles. He's not that good. 

They had two backs playing in front of him at that point...if you done your research tho you would see when he was given more carries he actually produced more...typical of the type of back he is these guys aren't home run hitters...to say a guy was unimpressive off of 4 touches is just flat out short sighted.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

They had two backs playing in front of him at that point...if you done your research tho you would see when he was given more carries he actually produced more...typical of the type of back he is these guys aren't home run hitters...to say a guy was unimpressive off of 4 touches is just flat out short sighted.

I did do the research and I didn't have to do sereach on that game cause I watched it.  Finished it min's ago. I think not looking at his 4 years is short sited. Also why are their always 2 guys ahead of him. Why are we paying more then the min for a guy who always has multiple guys in front of him. Aren't we also gonna have multiple guys in front. I know this is the worst signing cause the money is so small but I don't see the cost/production ratio where I like it unless you only look at last season and only the positives. 

1 minute ago, Damikeeeee said:

I did do the research and I didn't have to do sereach on that game cause I watched it.  Finished it min's ago. I think not looking at his 4 years is short sited. Also why are their always 2 guys ahead of him. Why are we paying more then the min for a guy who always has multiple guys in front of him. Aren't we also gonna have multiple guys in front. I know this is the worst signing cause the money is so small but I don't see the cost/production ratio where I like it unless you only look at last season and only the positives. 

Your acting as if we have signed him thinking he is the 2nd coming of Sayers...dude is being paid less than Josh Bellamy...this is a projection pick up...Pace can see the running style and what he is capable of in the passing game and taking a risk on that upside...how many times have you see great organisations do this? Look at the Pats with a guy like Wes Welker...an after thought in Miami a star in NE...Trent Brown...traded as an after thought on draft day...now the highest paid OL in history...there are levels to this game and to be elite you need evaluators who can see past the obvious. 

His elusiveness at his size is impressive and I like the way he finishes his runs. As a receiving option he’s more check down and short routes but that’s fine. He doesn’t have to stretch the seam in the passing game to be an effective part of it. He’s very natural looking catching the ball. 

If people were gonna be comfortable with Spencer Ware as a bridge guy to a presumed future feature back (and most seemed to be) then they should be fine with this too. I personally like Davis better than Ware because there’s more upside. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Because Carson is really good and Penney was taken in the first round?

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Your acting as if we have signed him thinking he is the 2nd coming of Sayers...dude is being paid less than Josh Bellamy...this is a projection pick up...Pace can see the running style and what he is capable of in the passing game and taking a risk on that upside...how many times have you see great organisations do this? Look at the Pats with a guy like Wes Welker...an after thought in Miami a star in NE...Trent Brown...traded as an after thought on draft day...now the highest paid OL in history...there are levels to this game and to be elite you need evaluators who can see past the obvious. 

What this signing tells me is they’d rather have a guy with a diverse skill set fill the role of depth/bridge RB than Jordan Howard. Signing Davis for 2/6 doesn’t even prevent you from signing Ingram or Coleman if you want. Assuming his deal is structured something like 2.5/3.5 then cutting Howard and replacing him with Davis is a financial push. 

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

His elusiveness at his size is impressive and I like the way he finishes his runs. As a receiving option he’s more check down and short routes but that’s fine. He doesn’t have to stretch the seam in the passing game to be an effective part of it. He’s very natural looking catching the ball. 

If people were gonna be comfortable with Spencer Ware as a bridge guy to a presumed future feature back (and most seemed to be) then they should be fine with this too. I personally like Davis better than Ware because there’s more upside. 

Thanks for the video. I've seen him play, forgot about him entirely though. I like the signing. 

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Because Carson is really good and Penney was taken in the first round?

I watched him play.  All his best games last year.  Doesnt take long when you watch just offense in condensed. Carson is much better, Penny is more talented but Davis is a much better back.  Last year anyway.  Penny kind of sucks most of time, but has flashes.

Davis is a good fotball player.  Bears fans will like him.  Much, much better than Mizzel. He is just a guy though.