Bills sign C Mitch Morse

Trentwannabe

Tooting my own horn a bit, wanted him from the get-go. Happy to get him! He has versatility to play all 3 OL spots, added value. Obviously will come in as the starting center though.

44 mil over 4 years seems reasonable for Morse, interested in the guarantees given his injury (concussion) history.

Paradis will likely hit the 13 mil APY amount with the Jets.

23 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Stop overrating players.. He's a nice get but lets not start declaring him as one of the leagues top Centers

Who?

0 sacks allowed since 2015 when he was a rookie

6th in the league in pass blocking.

5 pressures in 534 pass blocking snaps. 

1 QB hit in the last 21 games

70+ pass blocking grade in all 4 seasons.

Call him what you want but this was the most important addition of the off-season and if you truly think his value was at 8 million on the open market, you need to reevaluate how you see the NFL.

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Stop overrating players.. He's a nice get but lets not start declaring him as one of the leagues top Centers

he is a top center he was 6th in pass protection and 12th overall center, for him not giving up a sack and only having 5 pressures this year is a huge get. He isnt elite but the market as you can see is going up with players. You trying to tell me that a safety is worth 14 mil a year? 30th ranked OT worth 16.5 mil a year,...this is the going rate for guys hitting free agency. The inflation on salary cap is going up so contracts do too. All in all i think this was one of the must signs and well worth the price. Not to mention the ability to make adjustments at line and to let allen know what is going on is something that cannot be put in statistically. If pardis does get 13 mil then this was the smart move.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who?

0 sacks allowed since 2015 when he was a rookie

6th in the league in pass blocking.

5 pressures in 534 pass blocking snaps. 

1 QB hit in the last 21 games

70+ pass blocking grade in all 4 seasons.

Call him what you want but this was the most important addition of the off-season and if you truly think his value was at 8 million on the open market, you need to reevaluate how you see the NFL.

Just calling it how I see it. Not every fan has to declare their players as better than what they are. And I'm pretty sure everyone in their mocks had 8-9 around the predicted price tag in the weeks leading up. I had Paradis at 5-50, Paradis is better than Morse.

I said it's a nice get

This forum is notorious for over valuing new or current players.

8 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Just calling it how I see it. Not every fan has to declare their players as better than what they are. And I'm pretty sure everyone in their mocks had 8-9 around the predicted price tag in the weeks leading up. I had Paradis at 5-50, Paradis is better than Morse.

I said it's a nice get

This forum is notorious for over valuing new or current players.

You're acting like we are calling him a future HOF.

Literally everyone had him and Paradis as the top two Centers hitting free agency,  had them as two of the top 3 OL to hit FA and a good portion said Morse might make more because of his age. No one is overrating him. We've all provided stats proving his worth. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

You're acting like we are calling him a future HOF.

Literally everyone had him and Paradis as the top two Centers hitting free agency,  had them as two of the top 3 OL to hit FA and a good portion said Morse might make more because of his age. No one is overrating him. We've all provided stats proving his worth. 

He's also missed 18 games in 4 seasons with various injuries with concussions being the main culprit. A lot more goes into an analysis than what you see on paper

Again nice get, he fills a need but I understand the criticism with making him the leagues temporarily highest paid Center

27 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He's also missed 18 games in 4 seasons with various injuries with concussions being the main culprit. A lot more goes into an analysis than what you see on paper

Again nice get, he fills a need but I understand the criticism with making him the leagues temporarily highest paid Center

Which I talked about and mentioned is worrisome. Paradis missed games last year too. 

Until we see the detail of the contracts, it is all really moot anyway. IMO you can't put a price on a top C for a young QB.

When the guy is on the field, he's a top 10 or better center. I'm excited about it. 

After seeing how Kroft's contract was structured... I'm betting Beane made the right move with Morse's as well.

It's all about the guarantees. 

Archived