Bears sign Buster Skrine

beardown3231

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

3 years $16.5M

A bit on the high side hut the guarantee of $8.5 million is probably less that the per year figure that Callahan is going to make...Skrine in Cleveland was for two years at least a top 3 NB in the NFL...he seems to have fallen off since then but I have a lot of faith in Pagano to coach him back up.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

A bit on the high side hut the guarantee of $8.5 million is probably less that the per year figure that Callahan is going to make...Skrine in Cleveland was for two years at least a top 3 NB in the NFL...he seems to have fallen off since then but I have a lot of faith in Pagano to coach him back up.

I imagine the Bears pass rush will likely help him out too

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Not a signing that thrills me much.  I'm gonna call this a downgrade.

Guess all talk with Callahan is over now and Pace felt he needed to make a move.

Huh? You think Skrine that much worse than Callahan? O.o

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh? You think Skrine that much worse than Callahan? O.o

More like I don't think he's as good but at least he's been more reliable as far as injuries go and less risky than a raw rookie.

Just never been a huge fan but for what we're paying in comparison to what I see going on he offers decent value.  Apparently Callahan expects much more.

Jet fan here.  Skrine will have some good games and maybe even string a few together, but when he has a bad game he has a flat out stinker.  He has the ability to just lose you a game single handedly.  Outside of those games where he goes nuclear he is decent, and actually a decent blitzer.  Just for context Jets fans are happy to see him go, but in todays market you guys didn't pay him a ton. 

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Doesn't matter if one guy in the comparison can't stay on the field

True if it works out that way but Skrine missed two games last year too.

Anyway, between Skrine and McManis we have vet depth at NB and we won't be overspending on Callahan.

10 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Jet fan here.  Skrine will have some good games and maybe even string a few together, but when he has a bad game he has a flat out stinker.  He has the ability to just lose you a game single handedly.  Outside of those games where he goes nuclear he is decent, and actually a decent blitzer.  Just for context Jets fans are happy to see him go, but in todays market you guys didn't pay him a ton. 

Thanks for the feedback and your insight which more or less fits with my opinion of Skrine.  You get what you can afford but no one is ever glad their team signed someone from a team whose fans were happy to see him go.  LOL

Archived