2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We don't have to pay top money to any of the guys left, most of them are veterans on the downside of their career. We need to add a veteran edge before the draft. Do you really want to go into the season with 2 rookies and Arden Key as our only pass rush?

No I don't, but I also don't want to just sign a guy for the hell of it. I want a vet that can contribute during the season and not be a complete liability. If that vet can play then I'm all for it, if it's another case of Reggie Nelson then I'll pass.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Teams are more concerned about what they need to do rather than what the Raiders plan is!

You are right.  Teams do not do mock drafts trying to figure out what other teams might do and plan accordingly.  They just have a big board with the player rankings and just go off of that.  Why take the last top tier edge player you have ranked 10th when you can grab that G you have ranked ninth even though you expect nobody else to grab a guard before your next pick and everyone wants the edge players.  Purely hypothetical and never happens.  Teams only care about filling their holes based upon their big board.

Of course teams care more about who they are going to draft but who they expect others to take will change the way they attack the draft.  If it is obvious what I am going to do then it is obvious what you need to do if we have conflicting goals.  I do not want you to know.  I want you to guess because sometimes you will guess wrong and I can benefit from it.  It is game theory and if I show you my hand it is most likely game over.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You are right.  Teams do not do mock drafts trying to figure out what other teams might do and plan accordingly.  They just have a big board with the player rankings and just go off of that.  Why take the last top tier edge player you have ranked 10th when you can grab that G you have ranked ninth even though you expect nobody else to grab a guard before your next pick and everyone wants the edge players.  Purely hypothetical and never happens.  Teams only care about filling their holes based upon their big board.

Of course teams care more about who they are going to draft but who they expect others to take will change the way they attack the draft.  If it is obvious what I am going to do then it is obvious what you need to do if we have conflicting goals.  I do not want you to know.  I want you to guess because sometimes you will guess wrong and I can benefit from it.  It is game theory and if I show you my hand it is most likely game over.

And yet they still don't have a clue who we are taking or what we will do it's all speculation, you can't even tell me what we are going to do!

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We signed Chaz Green, former 3rd round pick out of Florida. Could be a decent backup that can play G or T.

He played for a stretch for us at G when we had injuries late in the season. Reading his bio, he was developing pretty well as a good backup option for that really good Cowboys oline, had some injuries, but then had an absolute shocker of a game when he started at RT, allowing 5 sacks. He got replaced and then didn't see the field again.