2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

I've been reading rumors that the Raiders are interested in trading for Jordan Howard.  I could see us trading a 4th for him.  Thoughts?

He's been good with the Bears, he's a hard runner but not versatile enough for my liking.  If we could land him with our 4th I feel like it would be worth the risk considering he is only 24 but I would love to see our starter be a dual threat, RB, a back who is equally as good a runner as a pass catcher.  It's hard to find guys who are well balanced like that but until then Howard would fill in nicely as our power back. 

• Like 1

I would love Josh Jacobs at 27 or 35, but we have too many needs on defense. The only way I could see it happening is if we traded down from four and accumulated more picks.

Where did you see the Howard rumors? Not trying to be critical, just curious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJ Raider said:

I would love Josh Jacobs at 27 or 35, but we have too many needs on defense. The only way I could see it happening is if we traded down from four and accumulated more picks.

Where did you see the Howard rumors? Not trying to be critical, just curious.

Type in Jordan Howard Raiders. 

Howard is allegedly on the block as the Bears are looking for a dual threat back.  The rumors I have been reading are preliminary and very loose, nothing from a credible source as of yet.  Who knows if they're legit but I could see it being a possibility considering his age, contract and a massive void we have at the RB position. 

Regardless it's something to talk about and I was wondering what the consensus is on here about Howard.  I'm not a huge fan as I want a dual threat back but for a 4th rounder it is something I would consider.    

30 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've been reading rumors that the Raiders are interested in trading for Jordan Howard.  I could see us trading a 4th for him.  Thoughts?

He's been good with the Bears, he's a hard runner but not versatile enough for my liking.  If we could land him with our 4th I feel like it would be worth the risk considering he is only 24 but I would love to see our starter be a dual threat, RB, a back who is equally as good a runner as a pass catcher.  It's hard to find guys who are well balanced like that but until then Howard would fill in nicely as our power back. 

Where have you read this? I would freaking love Howard. I have talked about it for a while now and he would be an incredible pick up. He's in his contract year too so he will be motivated. 

Trading a mid rounder for Howard would probably be my fav move of the off season, even over AB.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Where have you read this? I would freaking love Howard. I have talked about it for a while now and he would be an incredible pick up. He's in his contract year too so he will be motivated. 

Trading a mid rounder for Howard would probably be my fav move of the off season, even over AB.

Here is a link to an article.  Not much substance to it so I wouldn't put much credibility into it but regardless it appears Howard is on the block.  

What is most impressive about Howard are his rushing numbers on some pretty terrible Bear's O's.  He was facing stacked boxes for the last few years as no one has any respect for Trashbinski and he produced pretty well before last season's scheme change.   

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/nfl-rumors-bears-approached-multiple-teams-about-jordan-howard-trade

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

And yet they still don't have a clue who we are taking or what we will do it's all speculation, you can't even tell me what we are going to do!

It is amazing how as the draft progresses analyst on TV can call a lot of the picks.  Nobody can know for certain but when you do your homework you an take a good educated guess.  If all we have is Mauro and Key what do you think the chances are that we are taking DE early and often.  IF a team is targeting this position or a certian player at this position they may jump on a deal to pick ahead of us.  If their guess is correct, most likely will be, we could lose out on players we want.  Do not say Gruden said we were targeting that player the entire time.  It is BS and what coaches and GMs say all the time.  At 4 it will not matter much but if Gary and Ferrel are dropping to 24 that will be a signal to teams to jump ahead of us if that who is they are targeting.  Since we have shown our hands we will know that we need to trade up to grab them and we will unnecessarily use other draft assets to get the player we want.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You can get a Jordan Howard In the middle round this draft. Don't trade for an average running back. 4th is to high.

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Average running backs dont rush for 1300 yards on a terrible offensive team.

He's definitely a good player that doesn't fit Nagys scheme. 

I disagree. You get it back enough touches he will get to 1300 yards. And their line has always been decent. He doesn't have the eye test for me. Very average, I can get a rookie in fourth-round that can give similar production. And he's completely one-dimensional, Which is why they want to trade it in first Place

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It is amazing how as the draft progresses analyst on TV can call a lot of the picks.  Nobody can know for certain but when you do your homework you an take a good educated guess.  If all we have is Mauro and Key what do you think the chances are that we are taking DE early and often.  IF a team is targeting this position or a certian player at this position they may jump on a deal to pick ahead of us.  If their guess is correct, most likely will be, we could lose out on players we want.  Do not say Gruden said we were targeting that player the entire time.  It is BS and what coaches and GMs say all the time.  At 4 it will not matter much but if Gary and Ferrel are dropping to 24 that will be a signal to teams to jump ahead of us if that who is they are targeting.  Since we have shown our hands we will know that we need to trade up to grab them and we will unnecessarily use other draft assets to get the player we want.

I tend to agree with you in general. However, everyone knows we need edge players this year. There is no hiding that and there is no one we can sign to pursuade anyone to think otherwise.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I disagree. You get it back enough touches he will get to 1300 yards. And their line has always been decent. He doesn't have the eye test for me. Very average, I can get a rookie in fourth-round that can give similar production. And he's completely one-dimensional, Which is why they want to trade it in first Place

Well your both right 😀.

I tend to think Gruden will want the same type of back that the Bears are looking for though. We need a Gurley, Bell type of back. Howard would be perfectly fine if we wanted an AP type of back.

I will say this, this team still worries me. Free agency is pretty dried-up as far starters. This team is lacking all across the front seven. There has been no attempt to resolve the pass rushing issues. linebackers are still a hot mess.

Expecting to hit all these areas in the draft and have rookie starters will lead to failure. Landing Bosa could jumpstart the pass rush, But the odds of that are so low.

And for all the offenses firepower, The old line is still a mess. They got worse at guard, And there's no evidence Miller can handle which ever tackle spot. Oh and cable's still the coach. If they don't sure up the oline, all of this free agency spending Will look pretty bleak.

I hate going into the draft with so many starters needed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I will say this, this team still worries me. Free agency is pretty dried-up as far starters. This team is lacking all across the front seven. There has been no attempt to resolve the pass rushing issues. linebackers are still a hot mess.

Expecting to hit all these areas in the draft and have rookie starters will lead to failure. Landing Bosa could jumpstart the pass rush, But the odds of that are so low.

And for all the offenses firepower, The old line is still a mess. They got worse at guard, And there's no evidence Miller can handle which ever tackle spot. Oh and cable's still the coach. If they don't sure up the oline, all of this free agency spending Will look pretty bleak.

I hate going into the draft with so many starters needed. 

Can’t solve everything for 2019 man. We already went from a projected 5 win team next year to a 7 win team imo, factoring in a solid draft.

This went from a 3-4 year rebuild/retool to a two year rebuild/retool. 2019 solid draft and 2020 solid draft and FA and we could be a playoff team again. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You can get a Jordan Howard In the middle round this draft. Don't trade for an average running back. 4th is to high.

Fully agreed. I’d draft a few backs straight up over Jordan Howard. Miles Sanders, Damian Harris, Bryce Love. Least one should be there in the 4th. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t solve everything for 2019 man. We already went from a projected 5 win team next year to a 7 win team imo, factoring in a solid draft.

This went from a 3-4 year rebuild/retool to a two year rebuild/retool. 2019 solid draft and 2020 solid draft and FA and we could be a playoff team again. 

This.

Being competitive is all we can hope for this year. Not going to fix it all in one off-season.