2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

18 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Praying for a failed physical or a dumb asking price.

Kind of crazy to go after him when Z. Brown and Brandon Marshall are available.  We have the cap to sign some really good players and we are going for the guy who has a history of ridiculous personal fouls and suspensions.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Kind of crazy to go after him when Z. Brown and Brandon Marshall are available.  We have the cap to sign some really good players and we are going for the guy who has a history of ridiculous personal fouls and suspensions.

I'm hoping it's not factual or falls thru.

Asking price will determine a lot, not only with him but with the LB market in general.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wouldn't be up in arms about the signing. He'll be cheap for those very reasons, and will be motivated after being cut. Paul G got the best out of Burfict and apparently he's been super dedicated this off-season with his training.

The only gripe I would have is if AB isn't cool with it. If he signs off, then go for it. It'll be a short, incentive based contract.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wouldn't be up in arms about the signing. He'll be cheap for those very reasons, and will be motivated after being cut. Paul G got the best out of Burfict and apparently he's been super dedicated this off-season with his training.

The only gripe I would have is if AB isn't cool with it. If he signs off, then go for it. It'll be a short, incentive based contract.

Him working out was never his problem. Plus most free agent prepare their bodies for a job interview. That's not a selling point. Go the Bengals threads and see what they say about VB following the defensive gameplan and declining athleticism. Just not smart with the other options out there. I'd rather spend an extra mil to avoid this dude.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Him working out was never his problem. Plus most free agent prepare their bodies for a job interview. That's not a selling point. Go the Bengals threads and see what they say about VB following the defensive gameplan and declining athleticism. Just not smart with the other options out there. I'd rather spend an extra mil to avoid this dude.

I have no problem bringing in VB on a 1 year prove it deal.  When healthy he has been a very good MLB who is an enforcer on D which is something this team hasn't had in a long time.  If he can't cut it or acts up cut him. 

Low risk and high reward if he can regain his form from 2016 form.  We need as much talent as we can acquire at the LB position and if we can acquire him on a good contract I'm for it but I also think we still should bring in another LB regardless if we sign VB or not.

• Like 1

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/vontaze-burfict-fines-suspensions-money-bengals

Take a stroll thru his long career of being an a-hole. It's not a mistake or a misunderstanding or people scapegoating him. IT'S HIM.

If it seems like I'm being hard on him it's cuz I am. My playing career got ended by a guy that shouldn't have been allowed to keep playing because of his control issues and he ended up putting a guy in a coma later but kept getting passes because he was a 4 star athlete.

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have no problem bringing in VB on a 1 year prove it deal.  When healthy he has been a very good MLB who is an enforcer on D which is something this team hasn't had in a long time.  If he can't cut it or acts up cut him. 

Low risk and high reward if he can regain his form from 2016 form.  We need as much talent as we can acquire at the LB position and if we can acquire him on a good contract I'm for it but I also think we still should bring in another LB regardless if we sign VB or not.

So you have no problems with his past deeds as long as we get a good deal and can cut him?

Edited by NightTrainLane

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I read this article this morning, It definitely gave me some different perspective. PG Says he is extremely smart,  would hire him as a coach in the future And that in a lot of ways His defense was built around him. By accounts last year, under Austin Cincy just didn't give their all on defense and a lot of these guys struggled.

Not a big fan, But he would fill a need position And IfHe and PG\'s Relationship is As a deepHas written about, That I would completely understand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

So you have no problems with his past deeds as long as we get a good deal and can cut him?

Football is a business and the bottom line is winning. If he improves our on the field play and we can land him on a fair deal I’m all for it. 

Youre a raider fan, a team that is historically dirty and known for signing mercenaries to try to win games. VB plays the game hard and would be an upgrade over what we have in the roster.  

He plays hard on the field. Teams have signed players who have done much worse than VB. Hunt and Hill to make a few... 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

AB can attest to this. Please don't let this happen.