2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I was thinking we were lacking bodies after Crowell went down, and Warren flopped. Gillislee probably have a tough road climb but our top 3 RBs (Jacobs, Richard, Martin) shouldn't get much run in the preseason. Maybe Gillislee has fresh legs, Butler is another midget back. We need someone to run the ball these 4 games, and he could surprise. Also very hard to predict an injury. Theo Reddick, Chris Ivory, De'anthony Thomas, Jeremy Hill, Gillislee could all be cheap Rbs to take a look at

Edited by Humble_Beast

Gillislee was a pretty good player a few years back, with Jacobs, Martin and Richard as virtual locks though it'll be tough to make the roster. I can see us carrying 4 RBs however,  Martin is up there in age for a RB and Jacobs has never had the workload he's scheduled to have so it may make sense to have another guy in there just in case. Surprised we haven't taken a look at a guy like Ajayi as he's still pretty young........I guess he wants the chance to be a starting back somewhere.

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Gillislee was a pretty good player a few years back, with Jacobs, Martin and Richard as virtual locks though it'll be tough to make the roster. I can see us carrying 4 RBs however,  Martin is up there in age for a RB and Jacobs has never had the workload he's scheduled to have so it may make sense to have another guy in there just in case. Surprised we haven't taken a look at a guy like Ajayi as he's still pretty young........I guess he wants the chance to be a starting back somewhere.

If we're going to carry 4 backs I am pretty confident the 4th back will be DeAndre Washington. Gruden seems to prefer smaller guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we're going to carry 4 backs I am pretty confident the 4th back will be DeAndre Washington. Gruden seems to prefer smaller guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield. 

Totally forgot about Washington :$

Really liked him coming out in the draft and though he's not really shone maybe this pre-season is his time to stake a claim for more playing time. Tough for him though with Richard effectively doing a very similar job and being slightly more explosive.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Totally forgot about Washington :$

Really liked him coming out in the draft and though he's not really shone maybe this pre-season is his time to stake a claim for more playing time. Tough for him though with Richard effectively doing a very similar job and being slightly more explosive.

Richard made him obsolete their rookie year.  I've been confused as to why he has stuck around for the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Richard made him obsolete their rookie year.  I've been confused as to why he has stuck around for the last couple of years.

Washington is they type guy who could go to the Pats and have a big role. He's talented, just doesn't get a lot of opportunity.

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Washington is they type guy who could go to the Pats and have a big role. He's talented, just doesn't get a lot of opportunity.

There was a lot of chatter that we might try to trade him during the draft for a pick. He's a nice insurance policy to have as a 4th RB and IIRC he's also a pretty good special teams player. It's pretty clear that Gruden wants RB's that can catch the ball. 

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There was a lot of chatter that we might try to trade him during the draft for a pick. He's a nice insurance policy to have as a 4th RB and IIRC he's also a pretty good special teams player. It's pretty clear that Gruden wants RB's that can catch the ball. 

Washington isn't a great passing catching back. Washington is a fringe NFL RB

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Washington isn't a great passing catching back. Washington is a fringe NFL RB

He didn't play much last season but he had 51 catches during his first two seasons in the NFL. He also had 124 catches for 1,100 yards in college. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't play much last season but he had 51 catches during his first two seasons in the NFL. He also had 124 catches for 1,100 yards in college. 

I just remember that game he had a chance to prove himself against the Bills, he was terrible. kept fumbling, Richard has his problems but at least he is more explosive in the passing game. Eagles have like 7 RBs better lol, would be smart to sign one after preseason 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I just remember that game he had a chance to prove himself against the Bills, he was terrible. kept fumbling, Richard has his problems but at least he is more explosive in the passing game. Eagles have like 7 RBs better lol, would be smart to sign one after preseason 

We already have Jacobs, Martin, and Richard, do we really need another RB? Washington is a nice insurance policy to have. He knows the system and has a similar skill-set to our top 3 backs so we don't have to change much if he's playing. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We already have Jacobs, Martin, and Richard, do we really need another RB? Washington is a nice insurance policy to have. He knows the system and has a similar skill-set to our top 3 backs so we don't have to change much if he's playing. 

yes, RBs drop like flies when they run hard and violent. Richard is more of a 3rd down back too, so be wise to keep 4 RBs. look at the Pats