Broncos sign Kareem Jackson

49erurtaza

10 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

To way the market is going....I like at 11.

Put him at CB.....hopefully sign Amos to be the SS and James to be the RT

You do not want this.

At S, Kareem is a very good player with some elite moments - plays the run ferociously, is an intimidating presence over the middle without drawing penalties or fines, gets in passing lanes quickly and with authority. He's able to keep the play and receivers in front of him and diagnose routes and schemes very well.

At CB, he's a significant liability. Doesn't have the long speed to play deep routes (he never had the long speed, to be blunt) doesn't get his head around when the ball is in play and has to grab to keep guys from breaking off routes before he's ready. He has to play with a big cushion to keep guys from getting behind him, and can't read routes unless there is significant pressure on the play.

There's a reason TY Hilton goes off for 600 yards a game, and it's because Kareem is usually covering him. If you're putting him at CB, you're simply wasting money.

9 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

How the hell the No.5 CB of the season in the PFF grade is a significant liability at CB?

Because he got those grades while playing S. I don't know why PFF had him as a CB, because he didn't play CB. 

EDIT - I've been calling this flaw out for quite some time, actually:

Just now, ET80 said:

Because he got those grades while playing S. I don't know why PFF had him as a CB, because he didn't play CB. 

I thought he started the season at safety but moved back to corner after some injuries. Is everyone wrong about this? 

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I thought he started the season at safety but moved back to corner after some injuries. Is everyone wrong about this? 

Nah, he was a S - hybrid guy, would play slot on some plays, but he was a S. Jonathan Joseph, Sharice Wright, Aaron Colvin and Kayvon Webster were the main guys in the CB rotation, with Johnson Bademosi getting some time in as well. 

Texans would go three S at times with Kareem, Mathieu and Reid - Kareem and Mathieu would drop into the slot at times, but that's the extent of it.

3 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

If he is gonna play SS, we got a hell of a good deal at 11M

The issue is he is 30 and likely to break down quicker than those other guys in quality of play. I wouldn’t be surprised if last season was the best he had left

6 hours ago, ET80 said:
6 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

How the hell the No.5 CB of the season in the PFF grade is a significant liability at CB?

EDIT - I've been calling this flaw out for quite some time, actually:

Wait ... are you saying that PFF is wrong?!? Say it ain't so!!

Archived