Jets agreed with LB Anthony Barr, but now he's re-signing with the Vikings

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Heck ya. If we use him right he can be 10+ sack guy every year for the next 4+ years. Was my favorite defensive player in FA!!!

Love this get.

This is very wishful thinking. It's going to be hard for him to maintain the same success rate the more he rushes the passer because offenses will prepare for it.

More likely, I see him being utilized similarly to Leonard Floyd, whom, ironically many compared to Barr coming out of college

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This is very wishful thinking. It's going to be hard for him to maintain the same success rate the more he rushes the passer because offenses will prepare for it.

More likely, I see him being utilized similarly to Leonard Floyd, whom, ironically many compared to Barr coming out of college

I could see this. But I think higher of him clearly. Also I think via FA or draft we add another talented Edge therefor he won’t be double teamed. Which will allow him to still get to that 10 sack number I see him right at each year.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I could see this. But I think higher of him clearly. Also I think via FA or draft we add another talented Edge therefor he won’t be double teamed. Which will allow him to still get to that 10 sack number I see him right at each year.

If they sign Mosley, I can't see another EDGE unless it's an older, cheaper guy. Starting to look like they want to add a C (Paradis), RB (Bell/Coleman), and one more impact defender. After that it'll be roster filling

Just now, jetskid007 said:

If they sign Mosley, I can't see another EDGE unless it's an older, cheaper guy. Starting to look like they want to add a C (Paradis), RB (Bell/Coleman), and one more impact defender. After that it'll be roster filling

Draft Allen

Honestly also consider what I kind of mentioned a few days ago if the Jets are really committed to Barr as their primary edge... 

EDGE: Barr --- WLB: Lee --- MLB: Mosley --- SLB: Williamson

I think Lee is gone if we get Mosley.

Agreed, but honestly he's so cheap why get rid of him? Make him a sub-package player for all I care... it's about fielding the best 11. 

To get a solid draft pick. I'd take a high 4th and up.

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Don't hate it. If we're comparing it to edge contracts, not bad at all. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Kwon's deal.

Same money as Fowler, no problem for me. Barr is more versatile and hasn't shown any limitation as a pass rusher so far. He'll get his chance to shine here.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Agreed, but honestly he's so cheap why get rid of him? Make him a sub-package player for all I care... it's about fielding the best 11. 

Agreed. It’s not like we have good depth at LB either. Now if we can get a good young player for him or a decent draft pick, it something to think about.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

DE - Anderson     NT - Shepherd/Quinnen     DE - Leo

SAM - Barr/Jenkins     TED - Williamson     MIKE - Mosley     WILL - Allen/Barr

With this defense you could shift into a 4-3 with either Barr or Allen simply moving into a 3-point stance and the other playing off-ball. Rotations would be seamless and our disguises would be excellent.

Archived