jetskid007

Jets agreed with LB Anthony Barr, but now he's re-signing with the Vikings

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Don't hate it. If we're comparing it to edge contracts, not bad at all. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Kwon's deal.

Same money as Fowler, no problem for me. Barr is more versatile and hasn't shown any limitation as a pass rusher so far. He'll get his chance to shine here.

When you put it that way. Not bad. You're right. Before all these contracts, I would have guessed $12M. But considering how much Fowler got and how much Kwon got, $14.5M or so is not bad for someone who actually has been pro-bowler. 

Either way, it's clear the Jets signed Barr to be an OLB in the 34 (EDGE). Still would like to see if they try to add another.

12 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

The idea of adding Allen or Quinnen to a defense with Adams, Barr, Williamson, Mosley, and Leo is mouth watering.

All we'd be missing is a shut down corner.

CBs play better when QBs are running for their lives!!!  LOL

If we signed him to be a true every down edge pass rusher i am skeptical.  If we are going to use his versatility and move him around and have him rush more than the Vikings did as well... then i am in.

Just now, rampantjet said:

If we signed him to be a true every down edge pass rusher i am skeptical.  If we are going to use his versatility and move him around and have him rush more than the Vikings did as well... then i am in.

I would think the latter ..... Williams is very creative.

I am beyond stoked. I wanted this guy outta UCLA years ago.  Let's go! 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

***Calvin Pace with more athleticism***

WAY more athleticism. Pace was an edge setter at the end of the day with some sack capability. Barr is a LB with sack ability. He will be an edge for us. Getting after the QB with great athleticism. 

Great. Now the Jets are heating up.  If the Jets pull the coup of stealing Mosley from the Ravens,  Lee would be the person who is expendable.  In my mock, I had the Jets trading Lee to the Chiefs in a package for Dee Ford.     Barr, Mosley, Williamson,Ford combo would make the Jets an elite LB unit.

I recall last year a few fans here saying they would rather overspend on a few guys than try and get a bunch of discount guys. We tried the discount stuff last year. Now we are trying to get the big boys. I like this approach better. 

Wow, we might actually have a pass rusher for the first time since Abraham. It's going to be interesting to see what Williams schemes with him, but man it feels nice to actually LEGITIMATELY address the pass rushing situation.

21 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

***Calvin Pace with more athleticism***

This

He will be our 2019 Calvin Pace

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

Wow, we might actually have a pass rusher for the first time since Abraham. It's going to be interesting to see what Williams schemes with him, but man it feels nice to actually LEGITIMATELY address the pass rushing situation.

I'm gonna have to wait to see him do it consistently before i get pumped about him at edge rusher.