Jets agreed with LB Anthony Barr, but now he's re-signing with the Vikings

jetskid007

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

It isnt a big deal tbh.

Mosely is more of a proven stud, we know Mosely will be a stud at MLB.  We dont know if barr will be a 10+ sack guy

We need to sign an edge though we didn’t need a ILB even though CJ is a beast. 

Have to go get one or two pass rushers. We needed to get two before FA and no most are gone. I wonder what Houston and Ansah want as I’d take either (obviously I’d rather JH) or maybe Robert Quinn gets on the market? 

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Barr probably wnated to go back to Minnesota if they could just come close to a deal. But reports are that our offer was only for .5mill more annually than what Minnesota gave him. We offered 14per and Minnesota got him for 13.5 per

We we at 15M from what I saw and could have gone to 17.5M with incentives.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

We we at 15M from what I saw and could have gone to 17.5M with incentives.

Honestly that is to much, i am fine that he is not coming here.  If we get Paradis, and maybe Callahan and a Justin Houston or something like that i will be fine going into the draft.

33 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So on one hand, Mac is incompetent for not closing deals.

On the other hand, you guys are ok with it because it's too much money and we don't know if Barr is a 10 sack guy. Can't have both guys.

No I fully think Macc is awful. Was happy to pay Barr.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, NYJETS52 said:

Apparently Barr got physically ill after agreeing to the deal.  He thought about playing for us and threw the **** up.  That's per Schefter.  If thats the case **** you.  Dont want or need you here then anyway.  

It was about leaving the Vikings that made him sick. Not playing for the Jets.

Archived