Sign in to follow this  
agarcia34

Raiders sign Lamarcus Joyner

Like it. Don’t love it. Should be able to fill the role we wanted out of Gilchrist. But it sounds like he isn’t great in single high so....that’s good. I like the idea of getting a S but I guess I’ll wait and see how this goes. 

I think Joyner is going to help solve our "shifty receiver/back" problem. He's a cornerback converted to safety and he excels in man coverage on smaller guys. We can play him as a nickel corner in 3 safety looks and he can tackle. He can play safety in 2 safety looks with Joseph. 

We can all agree that he'll be 10 times the player Nelson was and if he can return to his 2017 form, this will be a steal, even at 10 million per.

Happy to hear this:

He's super versatile and this makes sense a lot with Harris coming back. Our Secondary will essentially be Conley and Worley outside, Joyner in the slot with Joseph and Harris over the top. I like it.

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1105564238146424838

#Raiders' deal for S Lamarcus Joyner is four years, $42 million with $16.7 million in full guarantees by next week.

The guarantees are for 2019 and 2020, so it is basically a 2 year deal with 2 additional years where the team can really decide what to do. Bring him back or let him go without dead money...

I like how he will play the slot a lot. Use his cover skills to our advantage. 

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I like how he will play the slot a lot. Use his cover skills to our advantage. 

And he can tackle. He can help run fits and is very aggresive/instinctive. He can blitz as well.

I think Harris can shine in the FS role if too much isn't asked of him. He actually plays the ball quite well.

According to spotrac...His bonus (8M) is guaranteed for 2020 only the 4M salary is tied to a 2020 March date. I think you can say that he is here for the first 2 years for sure...

59 minutes ago, Rolni said:

According to spotrac...His bonus (8M) is guaranteed for 2020 only the 4M salary is tied to a 2020 March date. I think you can say that he is here for the first 2 years for sure...

That doesn't make sense. It would be considered dead money then...

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

That doesn't make sense. It would be considered dead money then...

Yeah that's why I say it's guaranteed for 2 years not for 1 like this Austin Gaye guy wrote...

Posted (edited)

This is what we all thought. Mostly nickel and some safety. Still leaves the door open for Harris or a draftee.

Edited by NightTrainLane

Definitely would not rule out a S draftee is they are the best available DB come that pick. If Murphy, Greedy, etc are off the board and Adderly is sitting there at 27 I could see Gruden and co. Pulling the trigger