Raiders sign Lamarcus Joyner

agarcia34

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because he had one bad interview at the combine and got hurt during his workout? He's going to light his pro-day up. He made a huge jump between his sophomore and junior seasons and was one of the most disruptive edges in the SEC last year. He has a more well rounded pass rushing game than Josh Allen who is basically a lock to be a top 10 pick.

He's talentedBut he more or less admitted he doesn't watch film And his love for the game has been questioned. Doesn't fit the profile for what the FO seems to be looking for

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's talentedBut he more or less admitted he doesn't watch film And his love for the game has been questioned. Doesn't fit the profile for what the FO seems to be looking for

He said that he hadn't watched his own film to look for weak points in his game. It was overblown, dude played at one of the elite programs in CFB and made a huge jump between his sophomore and junior seasons. You don't go from a role player to one of the most productive players in the country if you don't have a strong work ethic. 

If we were willing to take a chance on Arden Key last season, why wouldn't we take a chance on a much better player in Polite?

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He said that he hadn't watched his own film to look for weak points in his game. It was overblown, dude played at one of the elite programs in CFB and made a huge jump between his sophomore and junior seasons. You don't go from a role player to one of the most productive players in the country if you don't have a strong work ethic. 

If we were willing to take a chance on Arden Key last season, why wouldn't we take a chance on a much better player in Polite?

Can’t be short and slow imo and play de/lb in the nfl

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t be short and slow imo and play de/lb in the nfl

He was 6'3" 258 with 33" arms at the combine. Josh Allen was 6'5" 262 with 33" arms. Can't really call Polite slow he was hurt at the combine. Throw on the film and he's one of the most explosive players in the draft. His quickness and explosiveness off the edge make him a really intriguing prospect and his motor was non-stop last year at Florida. Dude had like 30 tackles in the backfield and led the country in forced fumbles last year. Not sure how you can like Josh Allen and/or Brian Burns but not like Polite?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He was 6'3" 258 with 33" arms at the combine. Josh Allen was 6'5" 262 with 33" arms. Can't really call Polite slow he was hurt at the combine. Throw on the film and he's one of the most explosive players in the draft. His quickness and explosiveness off the edge make him a really intriguing prospect and his motor was non-stop last year at Florida. Dude had like 30 tackles in the backfield and led the country in forced fumbles last year. Not sure how you can like Josh Allen and/or Brian Burns but not like Polite?

I’ve watched tons on polite and his film is very 50/50 sometimes he looks like a young Lawrence Taylor other time he looks like a raw high school freshman. His motor runs hot and cold. I imagine nfl coaches were questioning his lack of effort in completing plays sometimes he doesn’t even look interested in the game. He and burns are clones. Polite takes to many plays off imo and he also plays small. 

Fwiw: I like watching complete games not highlights because I steal plays I like and use them when I coach.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wouldn't be surprised if polite is off their draft board. We emphasis was getting players that'll love the game and work hard, Polite does not seem to fit what they want in a "raider"

I dunno. When I watched him interview, he didn't strike me as a bad guy or a character concern. I love his game. I think he tested badly, but much like Dalvin Cook, his speed on the field isn't in question IMO. His first step is ridiculous. If he can be had at 35, the risk easily is worth the reward.

48 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve watched tons on polite and his film is very 50/50 sometimes he looks like a young Lawrence Taylor other time he looks like a raw high school freshman. His motor runs hot and cold. I imagine nfl coaches were questioning his lack of effort in completing plays sometimes he doesn’t even look interested in the game. He and burns are clones. Polite takes to many plays off imo and he also plays small. 

Fwiw: I like watching complete games not highlights because I steal plays I like and use them when I coach.

Buckner is an excellent DL coach though. You give him someone with potential and tools and he can take them to the next level. Polite is more than that though. I'll take my chances with him later in rd 1, or ideally at 35.

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Buckner is an excellent DL coach though. You give him someone with potential and tools and he can take them to the next level. Polite is more than that though. I'll take my chances with him later in rd 1, or ideally at 35.

Rather take my chances with chase wino

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Finding great pass rushers is more about finding traits and developing them. Polite has freaky burst around the edge and lived in the backfield at Florida last season. His improvement between year 2 and 3 shows that he puts the work in during the offseason. He's a great value pick at 27 or 35 especially with how bad we need edge guys.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Finding great pass rushers is more about finding traits and developing them. Polite has freaky burst around the edge and lived in the backfield at Florida last season. His improvement between year 2 and 3 shows that he puts the work in during the offseason. He's a great value pick at 27 or 35 especially with how bad we need edge guys.

You can say the exact same thing for Allen or any of the rest.

Archived