Raiders sign Lamarcus Joyner

agarcia34

12 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So how about Joyner guys?

🙄

I like the addition. In the Tone setter In the secondary who can match up in the slot. I fully anticipate them drafting another safety to fill out the rotation. Adderley is my guess

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I like the addition. In the Tone setter In the secondary who can match up in the slot. I fully anticipate them drafting another safety to fill out the rotation. Adderley is my guess

Yeah not much more to say than that. Adds speed and effort to a defense that lacked both.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Joyner is a good blitzer too from the sounds of it. Kind of a do-it-all player which is awesome.

He was the #1 FS in the league according to PFF in 2017, dude can play. Hopefully, we can keep him here long-term and find a bigger SS to pair him with. Use Harris as a backup safety and move Joyner to slot CB on passing downs. 

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

What I love about the deal is this:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/lamarcus-joyner-14450/

its basically a prove it deal. Look at the dead cap numbers. Smart.

He i here for 2 years.  The roster bonus is already guaranteed.  It is just paid the 3rd day of the next league year.  He should have a dead cap hit of $8 million for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Safety Lamarcus Joyner has forced an incompletion — by way of either close coverage, a pass breakup or an interception — on 25.0% of his career targets in coverage. This is the best rate among 229 safeties with at least 50 career targets since 2006.  

On 3/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, big_palooka said:

Love adderley. He's a high character kid who can really play and run. He needs some coaching, but the upside is huge.

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Didn't our staff love Adderley at the Senior Bowl? I mean, Gruden loves everyone, but I remember his name being mentioned

Yeah, he was wearing a Raiders hat in the post-game interviews too. I don't really like the idea of adding another safety in the top 35 though considering we signed Riley and Joyner already plus Harris/Joseph are back. That should be a very solid group for us.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, he was wearing a Raiders hat in the post-game interviews too. I don't really like the idea of adding another safety in the top 35 though considering we signed Riley and Joyner already plus Harris/Joseph are back. That should be a very solid group for us.

I don’t get the Harris love, Riley is a backup at best, Joyner is basically a slot CB who’s shorter than Joesph. The Safety position can be upgraded and the Raiders shouldn’t look passed it. 

40 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t get the Harris love, Riley is a backup at best, Joyner is basically a slot CB who’s shorter than Joesph. The Safety position can be upgraded and the Raiders shouldn’t look passed it. 

Harris played well last season and should be better in his second year as a full-time player in Gunther's system. Joseph also played better down the stretch when he got reps and Riley is a solid rotational piece as a backup FS with ball skills plus you have Joyner whom you can move all over the field. 

Adderly is another small safety that isn't great in run support and struggled with play recognition at the D2 level. Not sure that he really provides a different look than the guys that we already have on the team. If we're going to take a safety we should take someone that's big, versatile, and can cover TEs. 

Archived