Raiders sign Lamarcus Joyner

agarcia34

I think Joyner is going to help solve our "shifty receiver/back" problem. He's a cornerback converted to safety and he excels in man coverage on smaller guys. We can play him as a nickel corner in 3 safety looks and he can tackle. He can play safety in 2 safety looks with Joseph. 

We can all agree that he'll be 10 times the player Nelson was and if he can return to his 2017 form, this will be a steal, even at 10 million per.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1105564238146424838

#Raiders' deal for S Lamarcus Joyner is four years, $42 million with $16.7 million in full guarantees by next week.

The guarantees are for 2019 and 2020, so it is basically a 2 year deal with 2 additional years where the team can really decide what to do. Bring him back or let him go without dead money...

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I like how he will play the slot a lot. Use his cover skills to our advantage. 

And he can tackle. He can help run fits and is very aggresive/instinctive. He can blitz as well.

I think Harris can shine in the FS role if too much isn't asked of him. He actually plays the ball quite well.