Raiders sign Lamarcus Joyner

agarcia34

If we go wr in the top 35, the best fits IMO would be Deebo Samuel and Marquise Brown. Later would be Riley Ridley, Emmanuel Hall, Terry McLaurin.

We need to find guys who separate and can play inside and outside. We have a size guy in Tyrell and we'll try to add size elsewhere as well. Ridley is still my favorite fit. He's very underrated and he's going to be really good. If we want to go boom or bust based on the medical, Marquise Brown could take this O to the next level. Good luck putting safeties anywhere in the box when you have that guy off of play action.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we go wr in the top 35, the best fits IMO would be Deebo Samuel and Marquise Brown. Later would be Riley Ridley, Emmanuel Hall, Terry McLaurin.

We need to find guys who separate and can play inside and outside. We have a size guy in Tyrell and we'll try to add size elsewhere as well. Ridley is still my favorite fit. He's very underrated and he's going to be really good. If we want to go boom or bust based on the medical, Marquise Brown could take this O to the next level. Good luck putting safeties anywhere in the box when you have that guy off of play action.

We're not taking a receiver that early. Decent chance that we bring back Jordy on a cheaper deal. We have so many holes on defense that need to be addressed and just invested $100M into the WR group.

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Definitely would not rule out a S draftee is they are the best available DB come that pick. If Murphy, Greedy, etc are off the board and Adderly is sitting there at 27 I could see Gruden and co. Pulling the trigger 

I would prefer Juan Thornhill in the 2nd round. Great athlete, great ball skills (13 INT & 26 PD last 3 seasons), and has played FS and CB in college. Gunther could play Thornhill, Joyner, Joseph, and Harris together if he wanted too. Thornhill and Joyner would give him two swiss army knife safeties to move around the field. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I would prefer Juan Thornhill in the 2nd round. Great athlete, great ball skills (13 INT & 26 PD last 3 seasons), and has played FS and CB in college. Gunther could play Thornhill, Joyner, Joseph, and Harris together if he wanted too. Thornhill and Joyner would give him two swiss army knife safeties to move around the field. 

I had that exact same thought about pick 35. Just a different versatile safety. I'm very high on Chauncey Gardner-johnson. Alternatively I really like lukas denis in the 4th or 5th

15 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I had that exact same thought about pick 35. Just a different versatile safety. I'm very high on Chauncey Gardner-johnson. Alternatively I really like lukas denis in the 4th or 5th

Yeah I like CGJ in the 2nd if he’s there but it seems like he might just be out of range at that slot. Hopefully there is a run on OL/DT’s that drops some talented second/third level defensive players like Polite/CGJ/Murphy/Bush, etc in the late first early/second. 

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah I like CGJ in the 2nd if he’s there but it seems like he might just be out of range at that slot. Hopefully there is a run on OL/DT’s that drops some talented second/third level defensive players like Polite/CGJ/Murphy/Bush, etc in the late first early/second. 

If we get 2/3 of murphy/bush/polite, I'll be ecstatic. You build your defense around guys like that.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Juan reminds me of Charles Woodson dude plays every dB spot and even some mlb. Think he might be the best cb in the draft. Very high on him since day 1.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Juan reminds me of Charles Woodson dude plays every dB spot and even some mlb. Think he might be the best cb in the draft. Very high on him since day 1.

Juan's athletic numbers were very good at the combine as well, surprised that he's not getting more love. 

Juan Thornhill: 4.42 forty, 21 bench reps, 44.0" vert, 11'9" broad jump

Byron Jones: 4.43 forty, 19 bench reps, 44.5" vert, 12'3" broad jump

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Juan's athletic numbers were very good at the combine as well, surprised that he's not getting more love. 

Juan Thornhill: 4.42 forty, 21 bench reps, 44.0" vert, 11'9" broad jump

Byron Jones: 4.43 forty, 19 bench reps, 44.5" vert, 12'3" broad jump

That’s exactly who he reminds me of as a more recent prospect comparison and was also drafted at #27

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we get 2/3 of murphy/bush/polite, I'll be ecstatic. You build your defense around guys like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if polite is off their draft board. We emphasis was getting players that'll love the game and work hard, Polite does not seem to fit what they want in a "raider"

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You always fall in love with athletes. Woodson was one of the most instinctual college football players to ever play. Something you cannot teach. Thornhill has zero instinct or feel for the game. His game is one speed. He's not overly adept and coverage. Comparing him to Woodson way off base In my opinion

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You always fall in love with athletes. Woodson was one of the most instinctual college football players to ever play. Something you cannot teach. Thornhill has zero instinct or feel for the game. His game is one speed. He's not overly adept and coverage. Comparing him to Woodson way off base In my opinion

Nfl version of Woodson not ncaa.

thornhill is more than just a athlete watch some of his games. Like cwood he can play every db position, has a similar body type and even tackling style. I fell in love with him before the combine fwiw

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I wouldn't be surprised if polite is off their draft board. We emphasis was getting players that'll love the game and work hard, Polite does not seem to fit what they want in a "raider"

Because he had one bad interview at the combine and got hurt during his workout? He's going to light his pro-day up. He made a huge jump between his sophomore and junior seasons and was one of the most disruptive edges in the SEC last year. He has a more well rounded pass rushing game than Josh Allen who is basically a lock to be a top 10 pick.

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nfl version of Woodson not ncaa.

thornhill is more than just a athlete watch some of his games. Like cwood he can play every db position, has a similar body type and even tackling style. I fell in love with him before the combine fwiw

Thornhill got better every year and was good in coverage and against the run last year. Has experience playing FS and CB, plus you can't teach his athleticism. 

Archived