Jets signing LB CJ Mosley

Bianconero

Wow.  This offseason has already turned out to be one of the best the Jets have had in a long time.   The makings of a dominant defense is forming right in form of our eyes.   LeVeon Bell would be the icing on the cake.    We would still need to get a Center and another CB.    The rest of the signing would be roster fillers.   To help replenish the roster the Jets would need more draft picks.   That means trading the #3 pick for more picks even unless Nick Bosa is available at #3.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Will we have anything left if we sign both bell and paradis ?

Believe it or not we will. But I'm totally fine if we don't land both. I still think we land Paradis, don't know what happens with Bell. 

Bottom line: Jets landed two dynamic defenders who are relatively "safe" free agency bets, which is very rare to come by. While I realize offense is needed, I would rather sign players who are going to make an impact over the next 4-5 years than guys who will flame out. Both Mosley and Barr are guys that rarely hit free agency, so I'm glad we struck the iron while hot. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Will we have anything left if we sign both bell and paradis ?

Yes. I assume we’re also cutting Crowell if we sign Bell. If we don’t sign Bell, I think we still go hard after Tevin. 

I think what’s taking long with Paradis is working his deal to be cap friendly with this season. I expect him here too.

Just now, DowNY said:

So I ask this question again, do we slide Darron Lee to OLB or do we trade him before his 5th year option is due in May?

This will only be year 4. He can’t play the edge if we are staying 3-4. I think he’s a goner and I don’t mind that at all

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Believe it or not we will. But I'm totally fine if we don't land both. I still think we land Paradis, don't know what happens with Bell. 

Bottom line: Jets landed two dynamic defenders who are relatively "safe" free agency bets, which is very rare to come by. While I realize offense is needed, I would rather sign players who are going to make an impact over the next 4-5 years than guys who will flame out. Both Mosley and Barr are guys that rarely hit free agency, so I'm glad we struck the iron while hot. 

I wonder if Bell's market isn't as big as originally thought and we wind up getting him for around 13 mill per with a lot of guaranteed money. 

Great pickup. I honestly had Barr and Mosley rated as the best defenders in the FA class. So to get both is incredible.

How I will judge this move as a bad move is if we are signing these defenders bc we either don’t want to pay offensive guys or aren’t getting offensive guys. Meaning are we signing Mosley bc we won’t pay Paradis and Bell? Then I’ll be pissed at targeting ILB with a contract like this.

But purely from a skill perspective... I love adding Mosley.

Archived