Jets signing LB CJ Mosley

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

We have a QB on a rookie deal - now is the time

Who cares what we spend?

BINGO!!!! That is why we are making the move now because in 3 years Darnold going to get paid and some of these guys will be off the books. 

12 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Just a friendly reminder.

CJ Mosley was picked right in front of us in a draft.

Ravens picked him....next pick, we drafted Calvin Pryor.

Good times.

If only their were good WRs in that draft for us to choose.

Check out some of Mosley’s splash play rankings amongst all LBs since 2014:

- 3rd in PDs (35)

- 3rd in INTs (9)

- 5th in TFL (43)

- 3rd in Tackles (597)

- 2nd in QB Hits amongst all ILBs with 32

- 3rd in FF amongst all ILBs (6)

- 6th in FR amongst all ILBs (5)

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

People hating on Mosely saying hes not good,  dude is 4 time prowler,  was all pro. Hes been a star in the league.  

Jets defense gonna be good, especially with Williams or allen 3rd overall 

Questioning his talent just ain’t knowing football if anyone is doing that. Criticizing his pay and was LB worth paying is certainly worth debating. But not the talent.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Questioning his talent just ain’t knowing football if anyone is doing that. Criticizing his pay and was LB worth paying is certainly worth debating. But not the talent.

If we start drafting better we won’t be in cap hell with this offseason. We can replace guys with younger players once the guys get older if a player slows down, right around when we need to pay Sammy D. Drafting is the key! No more risks! 

Just now, ekill08x said:

If we start drafting better we won’t be in cap hell with this offseason. We can replace guys with younger players once the guys get older if a player slows down, right around when we need to pay Sammy D. Drafting is the key! No more risks! 

What I like is these big contracts are being handed out to young guys. Meaning barring injury we will get a return on the investment. Quite frankly giving Paradis a ton of money is worse than overpaying Mosley. Atleast mosley will be valuable for his whole part of his contract bc of his age. Where Paradis is older and off of injury. But we big time need a C so we should overpay for it.

I am a Steelers fan who has a few question to ask the Jets Forum about Darron Lee now that you have signed CJ Mosely:

1. Is he now viewed as expendable by the Jets?

2. Is he now available via trade?

3. What type of compensation do you think the Jets would seek?

4. What are the pro's and cons you see with Lee?

5. Do you think he is worth the Steelers (who have ILB issues since Shazier went down) pursuing?

Just now, Steeler Hitman said:

I am a Steelers fan who has a few question to ask the Jets Forum about Darron Lee now that you have signed CJ Mosely:

1. Is he now viewed as expendable by the Jets?

2. Is he now available via trade?

3. What type of compensation do you think the Jets would seek?

4. What are the pro's and cons you see with Lee?

5. Do you think he is worth the Steelers (who have ILB issues since Shazier went down) pursuing?

1. I think it depends on the offer. We have no depth really behind Mosley and Williamson... so we could offloads him of the right offer we’re to come in. We aren’t hurting for money, so it’s not like we need to get us number off the books. But we could use more draft picks since we have no 2nd Rounder.

2. If the right offer were to come in, I think he could be. Don’t think we give him away.

3. I think no worse then a 3rd. This could allow us to have 3 3rd rounders. Allowing us to move into Round 2 if we wnated. I’d say a 2nd but I don’t think we will get that for him obviously.

4. Pros are his speed. Last year he looked good actually. Previous couple years he was in the right spot a lot just couldn’t make plays. Last year he started making plays. I assume that’s bc the game has slowed down for him. The cons are that he’s small, so he’s struggles getting off blocks sometimes. He also isn’t exactly a clean guy. Leo had to stop him from hitting a girl at a concert a couple years ago and he got busted for cocaine I believe this last year.

5. If you don’t mind giving up a 3rd Rounder. He might be worth it. Jets might also want a C or edge... so those are options. (No sure if your guys roster fully).

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

1. I think it depends on the offer. We have no depth really behind Mosley and Williamson... so we could offloads him of the right offer we’re to come in. We aren’t hurting for money, so it’s not like we need to get us number off the books. But we could use more draft picks since we have no 2nd Rounder.

2. If the right offer were to come in, I think he could be. Don’t think we give him away.

3. I think no worse then a 3rd. This could allow us to have 3 3rd rounders. Allowing us to move into Round 2 if we wnated. I’d say a 2nd but I don’t think we will get that for him obviously.

4. Pros are his speed. Last year he looked good actually. Previous couple years he was in the right spot a lot just couldn’t make plays. Last year he started making plays. I assume that’s bc the game has slowed down for him. The cons are that he’s small, so he’s struggles getting off blocks sometimes. He also isn’t exactly a clean guy. Leo had to stop him from hitting a girl at a concert a couple years ago and he got busted for cocaine I believe this last year.

5. If you don’t mind giving up a 3rd Rounder. He might be worth it. Jets might also want a C or edge... so those are options. (No sure if your guys roster fully).

Thanks for the input.

I was actually thinking a 3rd rounder for him would be a fair asking price.

After the AB fiasco, I am, if not all of Steelers Nation tired of the drama and BS. That concerns me especially since, we would need to sign him to a long term deal after next season. I know that they looked at Lee when he was coming out as the Steelers have always seemed to love Ohio State Players.

He fits the type of MLB that Coach Tomlin has always loved (smaller, faster, can drop into coverage) The ole Tampa Bay MLB types. 

32 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Thanks for the input.

I was actually thinking a 3rd rounder for him would be a fair asking price.

After the AB fiasco, I am, if not all of Steelers Nation tired of the drama and BS. That concerns me especially since, we would need to sign him to a long term deal after next season. I know that they looked at Lee when he was coming out as the Steelers have always seemed to love Ohio State Players.

He fits the type of MLB that Coach Tomlin has always loved (smaller, faster, can drop into coverage) The ole Tampa Bay MLB types. 

I think the jets will shop him around for an edge or C before a draft pick. Then maybe reevaluate. Decide if he’s worth getting a 3rd or 4th for with thin depth at LB

Archived