Jets signing LB CJ Mosley

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I seriously don’t know if we can afford Bell and Paradis. If we can, god help us 

It makes it a tight situation. I believe we have around 45mill now after Mosley. I assume Paradis and Bell will cost around 25-30. Draft another 7 or so. So we would still have 10mill to fill out the roster after those 2. But that's not including a backup QB and depth players.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No it doesn’t. It used to. Not anymore.

Not to be an ***, but what was the final score of the Superbowl?  I do not disagree that offenses have dominated the game for the last couple of years and I certainly agree that we need to concentrate on offense in order to compete.  But before we start complaining about how we are targeting defense in FA (which happens to be where the best football players are this year), lets see how the entire off season plays out.  We traded for a pro bowl guard and we possibly have a pro bowl  center coming.  We signed a good slot receiver.  I almost wouldn't mind seeing what Crowell and McGuire can do behind our new OL.  I am down on Bell because Bell is all about Bell.  I've asked before, how important is football to Bell?

I don’t know how I feel about this signing. That’s a lot of money allocated to a MLB. 

We are all in on these next 3 years. We are like the Rams last year spending left and right.

Now I feel like we have to get Paradis and Bell. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It makes it a tight situation. I believe we have around 45mill now after Mosley. I assume Paradis and Bell will cost around 25-30. Draft another 7 or so. So we would still have 10mill to fill out the roster after those 2. But that's not including a backup QB and depth players.

We should pick up a little over 5 million from cutting Crowell and trading Lee though. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

I don’t know how I feel about this signing. That’s a lot of money allocated to a MLB. 

We are all in on these next 3 years. We are like the Rams last year spending left and right.

Now I feel like we have to get Paradis and Bell. 

Not a bad thing to be like the Rams last year. 

We started a year before them because they waited for Goff to be in year 3.

We’re doing this is Sam’s sophomore year while his contract is low.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Not to be an ***, but what was the final score of the Superbowl?  I do not disagree that offenses have dominated the game for the last couple of years and I certainly agree that we need to concentrate on offense in order to compete.  But before we start complaining about how we are targeting defense in FA (which happens to be where the best football players are this year), lets see how the entire off season plays out.  We traded for a pro bowl guard and we possibly have a pro bowl  center coming.  We signed a good slot receiver.  I almost wouldn't mind seeing what Crowell and McGuire can do behind our new OL.  I am down on Bell because Bell is all about Bell.  I've asked before, how important is football to Bell?

Read my posts previous., I said that anyone who takes that 1 game and say that's what wins, really isn't looking at the actual picture. If you can look at that NE team last year and honestly tell me they played 19 games and won bc their defense... I don't know what to tell you.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wouldn’t get too hooked on how much isn’t left yet tbh. One thing I can credit Mac on is how he does his contracts. We might have more remaining than we think come tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. And I like this move. Like I stated I had Barr and Mosely rated as the 2 best defenders in the whole FA class. And to get both is huge. But I think we are making a huge mistake if we are paying these 2 to neglect offensive players. And that's still tbd. Bc Paradis and Bell coming here can still happen. I just am looking at the picture and seeing that we don't have a ton of rostered players and now have about 45mill left. When I think Paradis and Bell would take up around 25-30 of that, add 7mill or so for the draft and it makes it a tight situation.

Paradis seems to be angling for more money and Bell clearly will only come to us if no one else comes close to our offer.

theres always more top defensive talent available than top offensive talent

Just now, DowNY said:

Wouldn’t get too hooked on how much isn’t left yet tbh. One thing I can credit Mac on is how he does his contracts. We might have more remaining than we think come tomorrow.

Well the 2019 hits might be less than we think. So we will see. Macc is generally good with putting together contracts. I don't know exactly what is holding up Paradis. But we are kinda all in on that, bc the C position in the rest of FA isn't good. It really was Paradis or Morse or its a fail there.

For those asking about the money.  I crunched the numbers.  If each guy has his per year average as his first year cap hit (which they never do), and if we cut Crowell, trade Lee, and cut Rashard Robinson, we would be sitting at 42 mill right now.  Factoring in signing bonus' to lower the first years hit i would actually think we have just over 50 mill in space.  More than enough to get Paradis, Bell and then a few bit players.  Hell 50 mill is more than most teams entered FA with.

The more interesting thing are the dead money amounts after year 3 of these contracts. Before then, it won’t matter much. Plus the cap is probably going to keep going up. I’m cool with the overspends. It doesn’t really hurt us in anyway. Only really opportunity cost. But we are getting solid players

Archived