Mosley Going to the Jets

coordinator0

They can have him for that price.  After seeing what Kwon Alexander got I feel like this wan inevitable

Time for Peanut and Kenny Young to really stand up and put a whole season of good play together

Thats QB money! Wow! I’m glad we’re not throwing that amount of cash after Mosley. He is a great player and with all the intangibles you want, but he is not a “17m difference maker”

lol. the good ol' tradition of Raven standouts heavily overpriced in FA continues, ZSmith is next in line i guess.

keep those comp picks rolling.

i mean, they should be able to keep Smith now with Mosley not on their cap, so i guess we'll see at how much they put his price tag.

new look Ravens all within one offseason. interesting times!

Glad CJ got paid and I hope he does well with the Jets. A cousin of mine is a huge Jets fan, so if he's doing well or not so well, I'll see huge updates for sure. I hope this means we can take a look at ZaDarius since Mosley is off the books.

I'm more worried about the brain drain that has sort of taken place between Weddle/Suggs/Mosley all leaving in the same offseason, but from a playing ability perspective there's just no way Mosley was worth that much when he's not even a plus player in pass coverage. Intangibles are worth something but they're not worth 17 mill a year.

42 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm more worried about the brain drain that has sort of taken place between Weddle/Suggs/Mosley all leaving in the same offseason, but from a playing ability perspective there's just no way Mosley was worth that much when he's not even a plus player in pass coverage. Intangibles are worth something but they're not worth 17 mill a year.

I agree that a brain drain is worrisome regarding Mosley and Weddle's departure. 

With Suggs, not so much. IMO he is more of a football savant who is a genius from the time the ball is snapped until the whistle blows, but pretty dumb in all other situations. His greatest influence was probably helping younger OLBs work on their sack dance. 

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The salary cap isn’t 110 anymore. You have to overpay some people.

I think everyone (NFL fans AND analysts) need to get this in our heads. The money isn't the same.

Now I don't think our defense will crash and burn, but I don't think it will be top 7ish

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

10% of our cap on CJ Mosley would have been dumb. He's just not that great. 

10% this year. We have no idea what the cap is going to be in 4 years

And when our defense is getting turned out because we lost all our smart players and we can’t get back into games because we can’t throw I don’t think anyone is going to be saying “At least we have that extra $4million a year we didn’t overpay Mosley”

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

10% this year. We have no idea what the cap is going to be in 4 years

And when our defense is getting turned out because we lost all our smart players and we can’t get back into games because we can’t throw I don’t think anyone is going to be saying “At least we have that extra $4million a year we didn’t overpay Mosley”

You don't pay someone borderline QB money for 'intangibles' and 'smarts.' 

I definitely think the brain drain is real right now but savvy veterans on the downsides of their careers are gonna be exactly the kinds of signings we'll be able to make in this market for cheaper and I'd rather do that than throw it all at Mosley because of 'muh leadership.' 

Archived