Browns to sign DT Sheldon Richardson

zelbell

Just now, mistakey said:

i dunno.  a trio of ogunjobi richardson and ed oliver would cause havoc

they did say this class was deep on DL tho so they could go multiple in the later rounds

i dont hate it, its likely a 2 year deal lets be honest, and then they'll sign ogunjobi at the end of his 4th year.  or maybe not who knows.

I personally would still love Oliver or another big dude. I think a pick like that would qualify for BPA. I just think the hole there being filled keeps JD from homing in on a positionally based pick there.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can't help but make a few positive observations:

1. Hopefully we can walk away after 2020 with a minimal cap hit (that looks to be the case).

2. It definitely addresses a need. Even mediocre Sheldon is twice as good as anyone else we had.

3. We got better today. Baltimore and Pittsburgh have gotten worse.

4. Dorsey has set us up for legit BPA at 17 without anymore "glaring holes" to address headed into the draft.

i still think WR and CB are still glaring holes until we at least sign higgins.  CB i dunno what we're gonna do there

Just now, mistakey said:

i still think WR and CB are still glaring holes until we at least sign higgins.  CB i dunno what we're gonna do there

WR is definitely an area of need as it pertains to a true #1, but our corps in general isn't hateful. I'd love to get a TRUE TE too. CB#2 is a problem, but I think that Mitchell isn't awful. Ward as a legit stud balances it out some, but I'd agree. WR and CB are huge needs, and depth on the DL in the EDGE/DT spots are also areas I'd love to improve.

If Simmons falls to us in the 2nd or we can leverage a trade up in the second to grab him and "redshirt" him this year, I'd do it. I still wouldn't hate Wilkins at 17 either.

Just now, MWil23 said:

WR is definitely an area of need as it pertains to a true #1, but our corps in general isn't hateful. I'd love to get a TRUE TE too. CB#2 is a problem, but I think that Mitchell isn't awful. Ward as a legit stud balances it out some, but I'd agree. WR and CB are huge needs, and depth on the DL in the EDGE/DT spots are also areas I'd love to improve.

If Simmons falls to us in the 2nd or we can leverage a trade up in the second to grab him and "redshirt" him this year, I'd do it. I still wouldn't hate Wilkins at 17 either.

i mean, lets be real everyone was crying how bad it was when we signed perriman and nothing really changed other than playcalls to make people not hate it.  i think there is natural growth there that will allow callaway and higgins to get better but its still on the bottom end of talent in the league imo.  really needs that one person to make everything fall into place IMO.  

if theres a good TE in the 1st i could see them going that way and then just treating njoku as the big body at WR.  who knows.  i do love though that we filled LT, DE, DT before the draft though.  seems like our guys might be pretty smart

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This AF, also, don't sleep on a trade for a CB

Honest I would love to go BPA and get someone like Dremont Jones in the 2nd. He could be a lineman we use like Justin Tuck and just line him up all over the line to create mismatches and the guy next to him. 

Heck I would love to do that with Oliver if they could land him some way. Not even label him as a DE or DT. Just have him play all over the line. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Garrett, Ogunjobi, Richardson, Simmons, Vernon and another rotational edge rusher would be so sexy in 2020. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Making a (reasonable) move up for Devin White is becoming more intriguing than ever. 

That is way to costly IMO. Maybe if he falls but he is projecting b/w 5th-8th. Maybe if he falls out of the top10

Archived