Do we have the most talented roster in the league? OBJ!

Aztec Hammer

Here’s how things are shaking up on offense:

QB: Mayfield

RB: Chubb/Hunt

WR: Landry, Perriman

WR: OBJ, Higgins

WR: Callaway

TE: Njoku, ?, DeValve

OT: Robinson

OT: Hubbard

OG: Bitonio

OG: Corbett

C: Tretter

Bring in another TE and OL depth and how do you stop that?

Earl Thomas movement skills and athleticism have fallen off a cliff.

He's so stiff now and he lost the vast majority of his lateral quickness/ burst and agility.

He thrives off of linear speed and his instincts at this age.

Still a good player in that regard, but this isn't elite earl anymore.

Earl Thomas is strictly a free safety.  I dint like this idea but signing him could bump randal to corner and we would still need a strong safety.  Did BBC sign anywhere yet?  Not saying he woukd be a string safety.  He wouldnt, but he is a nice versatile player for the bottom of the depth chart that can fill in at corner and FS if needed.

10 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Earl Thomas is strictly a free safety.  I dint like this idea but signing him could bump randal to corner and we would still need a strong safety.  Did BBC sign anywhere yet?  Not saying he woukd be a string safety.  He wouldnt, but he is a nice versatile player for the bottom of the depth chart that can fill in at corner and FS if needed.

Randell would move to SS before he went back to CB

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why not? This is 1998 you don’t need a hard hitting box SS anymore. coverage is more important. Play with 2 coverage safties. They’ve already seen Randell fail at CB. 

Did you see Demarious Randall play CB fluidly and at a high level with a bum foot/heel this year?

Did you see Randall struggle in run support and angles in around the box?

He didn't fail at CB, he thrived.

I don't foresee us moving Randall to CB but I think he'd move there before he became an in the box SS

Earl moonlighted in that role with Chancellor out and did so well and has more of a move chess piece box support player skill set that Wilks desires.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Did you see Demarious Randall play CB fluidly and at a high level with a bum foot/heel this year?

Did you see Randall struggle in run support and angles in around the box?

He didn't fail at CB, he thrived.

I don't foresee us moving Randall to CB but I think he'd move there before he became an in the box SS

Earl moonlighted in that role with Chancellor out and did so well and has more of a move chess piece box support player skill set that Wilks desires.

Randell failed at CB for 3 years. I’d take that sample size over his situational play here last year. But I do agree that earl would most likely play SS. 

Randall is probably our 2nd best corner. But he wants to play fs, let him play safety. 

Thomas will have to want to be a ss to come here, but we will be playing two coverage safety's. 

Teams will want to run against us. If we get Thomas our defense will be built to play with a lead. Our best run defenders on defense will be, Vernon, ogbah, avery, ward from their various positions. I'm not sure how good Richardson is againstthe run? 

With kindred we can play a big nickel. 

Archived