Green Bay expected to sign Za'Darius Smith

SBLIII

Smith is pretty overrated and has one "good" year, and he is being paid like a top pass rusher.  

Thanks for giving Baltimore another 3rd round comp pick Green Bay....especially for a player who is nowhere near worth that much money.

Just now, SBLIII said:

comparing this with Flowers, the Lions actually made a pretty good deal. 

Yeah, Flowers has a far greater resume than Smith.

16 million a year for a guy who really had 1 year of production as a rotational player would have me a little uneasy.

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Smith is pretty overrated and has one "good" year, and he is being paid like a top pass rusher.  

Thanks for giving Baltimore another 3rd round comp pick Green Bay....especially for a player who is nowhere near worth that much money.

It's a Packers deal, we give more AAV usually as a trade off for less guaranteed.

Just now, SBLIII said:

I also thought Barrett could be had for 7-8. Well, probably not.

Yeah I'm really curious to see what Shaq gets. I think he's a solid starter and if the league values him as such you can expect to be paying at least 10-12. 

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah, teams are going crazy.

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah I'm really curious to see what Shaq gets. I think he's a solid starter and if the league values him as such you can expect to be paying at least 10-12. 

10 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I also thought Barrett could be had for 7-8. Well, probably not.

Nah. Don't overreact to the top guys. This is how FA goes. Some guys who had big contract years get massive deals and then things calm down. The guys outside the first couple tiers end up with more reasonable deals. I expect Barrett is had for $6 million to $8 million per year max. I guess we'll see.

Archived