Packers Expected to sign Za'Darius Smith

Fl0nkerton

On 3/12/2019 at 6:19 AM, incognito_man said:

He any good?

On 3/12/2019 at 6:22 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

I guess we will find out .. he's going to have a major role in GB .. not a part time role.  I hope he's ready to roll.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:14 AM, Outpost31 said:

This is one I just cannot rationalize.  We got good deals on the other ones.  13 million per for Preston is a good deal, 28 total for Turner is a good deal, under 10 million per for Amos is a damn good deal.

This is the one that's going to keep me up at night.  I see a ceiling of Nick Perry 2017 for Z. Smith.  16 million per is a lot to tie into a player who has never had double digit sacks. 

Let's review yr1

• Like 6

On 3/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ironically if you were looking for the comparison, Perry might be it.

There is NO COMPARISON in the attacking football played by Z and the lackadaisical play of Nick Perry that we all got to see for 7 seasons (when he was not nursing one injury or another).  

None.

Thanks Gute for biting the cap hit bullet on that ridiculous Perry contract and improving the team by actively participating in free agency and signing a passionate defensive leader like Z.

Well done.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, this was still a bad signing that turned out really well.  You never pay EDGE rushers that hit free agency.  This is literally like winning the lottery how rare what Z is for us.

Preston Smith, Shaq Barrett, Trey Flowers, Dante Fowler, Clay Matthews. Seems like signing an EDGE is fine. The big ones, Clowney, Clark and Ford were all good too, granted those were trades, still a situation where a team gave up big compensation for a rusher the original team didn't want to pay.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, this was still a bad signing that turned out really well.  You never pay EDGE rushers that hit free agency.  This is literally like winning the lottery how rare what Z is for us.

Then we won the lottery twice because Preston Smith has been a stud too. 

15 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

There is NO COMPARISON in the attacking football played by Z and the lackadaisical play of Nick Perry that we all got to see for 7 seasons (when he was not nursing one injury or another).  

None.

Thanks Gute for biting the cap hit bullet on that ridiculous Perry contract and improving the team by actively participating in free agency and signing a passionate defensive leader like Z.

Well done.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Preston Smith, Shaq Barrett, Trey Flowers, Dante Fowler, Clay Matthews. Seems like signing an EDGE is fine. The big ones, Clowney, Clark and Ford were all good too, granted those were trades, still a situation where a team gave up big compensation for a rusher the original team didn't want to pay.

+1. "signing an edge in FA is bad" is a lazy take.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

reminiscing of you adamantly lamenting against the prospect of signing either of the Smiths is my favorite FF past time 

• Like 3