Packers Expected to sign Za'Darius Smith

Fl0nkerton

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Oh, ****.  That's Preston Smith.  Still a good deal.

Cause we pay our guys. We don't cut guys early that often. Most guys see the bulk of their cash which i think is a fine selling point to any FA. Do your job and play well you'll see every penny. CM3 just did and others have too over the years. I think that is a fine selling point for Green Bay. Some clubs dump guys after the GTD money is gone players see that and know that and so do agents.

feels like the longer this deal takes to come out... the less GTD money it will have.  Obviously the deal is done and nothing changes what's already agreed to, but the fact that it isn't out yet from his agent means it isn't the sexiest of structures for the player.  Which would mean it's team friendly.

Edited by skibrett15

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just a quick question. His foot stance looks really uncomfortable and weird. Is this considered good technique? He looks off balance with that narrow stance and because of that his push off looks weak.

I would've thought having a wider stance would be better for balance and more powerful push off.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Just a quick question. His foot stance looks really uncomfortable and weird. Is this considered good technique? He looks off balance with that narrow stance and because of that his push off looks weak.

I would've thought having a wider stance would be better for balance and more powerful push off.

Stand up out of your chair. Spread your legs apart. Are you better suited to go forward or backward? Guy isnt gonna be engaged in the first few steps. Hes trying to generate speed at get off. His stance is completely normal. Push off looks fine, generates power to move a tackle. 

Context in football is important. What's the D&D here? Hes obviously anticipating pass. Sprinter stance for speed.

Edited by HighCalebR

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Take a look at the second gif Arthur posted. When attacking the tackles your goal is to present speed first and foremost. The tackle, at the snap, is going to be kick stepping back as fast as he can. So you have to match that. In the second gif Smith is on the inside, where power is more important, that's why he's got a wider stance.

That 2 point stance is pretty common in our OLBs. If you ever see Matthews lined up outside of the tackle he's got one leg way back like a sprinter.