Packers Expected to sign Za'Darius Smith

Fl0nkerton

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dee Ford is little compared to the Smiths, he cost more money and a second round pick.  How ITF can you be mad at the outcome?

This.  the smiths feel like much better fits for what i think pettine wants from his edge guys- pass rushers that can own the point of attack (or something).

Just looking at Ford highlights tape. Couldn't be any more different to the Smiths. He is a speed rusher and a pretty good one at that.

We got quite a few speed rushers but no real power guys. Perry is the closest one we've got. The way the unit performed last year i'm not surprised that Gute is changing tack and is looking to incorporate more power rushers.

If we bring Matthews back we will have a very nice array of pass rushers.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Obviously I'm hoping one of them busts so I'm right, right?  Wrong. 

It's just that when there hasn't been a major pass rush signing that has been worth the money since Reggie White, call me a little skeptical that we'll hit on not one, but two. 

So, I assume we'll be adding other players at EDGE. Therefore, if one of them bust we hit on the other which is an upgrade. Perry AND Matthews were busts this year. We're 50% better already assuming you are correct, which is to be determined. 

You look at the amount of pressures each got and it's hard to imagine they just disappear. We've upgraded immensely a major need on our team. 

By the way, Z. Smith is going to be moving inside to rush on 3rd down and he's damned good at is. 

Edited by Golfman

Starting to think Za'darius is only an EDGE in base. He rushes so damn much as a 3 tech in Baltimore and there's a lot of good film of him doing so. Probably more of it than him on the EDGE. Back on the EDGE at 12 train.

Preston--Clark--Za'Darius--Sweat/Burns in the nickel. Lawd. When they get tired the GOAT of GOATs Sackrell and Mike D come off the bench as subs? Lawdy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

This is a joke

Well according to this article 30 million of the 35 million cap was eaten up today.

No money for Ford...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.acmepackingcompany.com/platform/amp/free-agency-2019-green-bay-packers/2019/3/12/18261914/packers-free-agency-projecting-contracts-salary-cap-hits-zadarius-preston-smith-amos-turner

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Starting to think Za'darius is only an EDGE in base. He rushes so damn much as a 3 tech in Baltimore and there's a lot of good film of him doing so. Probably more of it than him on the EDGE. Back on the EDGE at 12 train.

Preston--Clark--Za'Darius--Sweat/Burns in the nickel. Lawd. When they get tired the GOAT of GOATs Sackrell and Mike D come off the bench as subs? Lawdy.

Exactly. Now you're with the game plan :)
Bring in one of this year's hot shot EDGE guys to add to the mix when Z moves inside...............we just might have ourselves a pass rush.

Or (just to keep the option open and lively.....): Snag ourselves one of those zippity-do-dah quick ILB's :)

Edited by Leader

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Z is the modern nickle rusher.

If he pans out... Mike Daniels has almost no role in this scheme with these guys.