Amos to Green Bay

beardown3231

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

LOL...

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowFollow @AdamSchefter
More

Packers are giving former Bears’ safety Adrian Amos a 4-year, $37 million deal that includes $14 million in year one and $21 million in first two years of deal, per source.

8:02 AM - 12 Mar 2019

Like I been sayin'.  There's some ridiculous deals being handed out.  I'm sure we can find a less pricey vet for depth to compete with Bush.

Deon Bush at $720k vs Adrian Amos at $14 mil?????   Sorry but Amos isn't worth 19x more than Bush no matter how well he plays.  Even $10.5 mil per over two years is way above anything I could have imagined.

Amos and his agent should buy Landon Collins a new Porsche as a thank you.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Bears are so screwed when Eddie Jackson and Trubs are up for a new contract in 2 years time.

They better go for broke now and just sign big time players.

Why?  Two more years of bumps in the cap and a new CBA in 2021 that may expand it even more.

That's also two more drafts to add lower cost rookies to replace higher cost vets.  I'm not worried at all.

3 minutes ago, soulman said:

Why?  Two more years of bumps in the cap and a new CBA in 2021 that may expand it even more.

That's also two more drafts to add lower cost rookies to replace higher cost vets.  I'm not worried at all.

I'm actually not worried either but Jackson will likely get the highest contract ever given to a safety if he keeps up his high level of play.  Good problem to have.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I'm actually not worried either but Jackson will likely get the highest contract ever given to a safety if he keeps up his high level of play.  Good problem to have.

Why he will get tagged first time he is up unless he agrees to extension early.  

Funny a lot of us were saying look out for him in off season last year.  We knew he was going to have a breakout year.  Wasn't on a lot of other teams radar.

Watch out for Roquan next year.  He was talked about a lot after draft, but when he had a slow start people forgot about him.    Next year is his coming out party.

Interesting.  Very back end loaded.  He's gonna clean up for two years but then......?????

Spotrac released the details of Amos' new contract and he signed a four-year deal worth $36 million. Amos earned an $11 million signing bonus and he will get $12 million guaranteed. Here's a breakdown of Amos's contract. 

Length: Four years 

Total Value: $36 million

Signing Bonus: $11 million 

Guaranteed Money: $12 million

2019: $1.25 million base salary; $2.75 million signing bonus; $1.4 million roster bonus; $500,000 workout bonus; $5.9 million cap hit 

2020: $1.75 million base salary; $2.75 million signing bonus; $4.4 million roster bonus; $500,000 workout bonus; $9.4 million cap hit 

2021: $4.9 million base salary; $2.75 million signing bonus; $1.9 million roster bonus; $500,000 workout bonus; $10.05 million cap hit 

2022: $7 million base salary; $2.75 million signing bonus; $400,000 million roster bonus; $500,000 workout bonus; $10.65 million cap hit 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think you’d get the same from Darian Stewart at a lower price, and he wouldn’t impact the comp pick formula. Now that Amos is gone on a huge deal we want to get that corresponding comp pick if we can. 

I still feel Clayton Geathers would be an idea pickup...let him and Bush fight it out.

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Packers are signing guys and they just paid Rodgers a mint.  Rams and Eagles keep signing guys and they paid a bunch of guys.  

I didn't even know you could create space by converting salary to signing bonus.  Probably a dozen other cap tricks if you really want to keep a player.  Must be what some players mean when they say salary cap is a myth.  

Can't keep everybody, but keep your stars.  Get away from an over paid player a year early rather than a year late.

It is creating space, but it's really taking from one pocket to put in the other. For instance, 52 converted 11M of the 13M he was due from salary to signing bonus, so that 11M comes off, but it then gets divided by the remaining years on the contract, and that 11M is spread out throughout the contract now, thus increasing the cap charge in those future years. Also, because it pushes those numbers down the line, if a player that restructures gets cut/traded, the dead cap is larger due to the restructuring. 

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

A lot of homer Amos hate. Also Deon Bush sucks and should never be allowed in a real starting role competition. If that's happening we need to spend money to assure that doesn't happen. 

What makes you think Deon Bush sucks?  He's never really been given the opportunity to start.  Filling in for Jackson late in the season after he got hurt against GB he didn't look out of place really.

I don;t expect Pace to spend big on the safety position. Maybe he brings in a vet like Dix or Geathers to compete with Bush, but my guess is they draft someone.  Strong safety is probably the least important position on the defense.

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

What makes you think Deon Bush sucks?  He's never really been given the opportunity to start.  Filling in for Jackson late in the season after he got hurt against GB he didn't look out of place really.

I don;t expect Pace to spend big on the safety position. Maybe he brings in a vet like Dix or Geathers to compete with Bush, but my guess is they draft someone.  Strong safety is probably the least important position on the defense.

The only reason Bush looked out of place filling in was because he's a better fit for the Amos role than the Jackson role in this defense. Losing Amos sucks, but as AZ said previously, you can't keep everyone every single time (look at BAL) and if there was a player on this defense i was willing to lose, it would have been 38

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yes he did look out of place. He looked as bad as him?  He's sucked in every preseason game. 

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

A lot of homer Amos hate. Also Deon Bush sucks and should never be allowed in a real starting role competition. If that's happening we need to spend money to assure that doesn't happen. 

How can you actually draw this conclusion though? Nobody knows exactly how Bush would do in a starting capacity. Moot point though, do you actually believe Pace is gunna walk into week 1 with Bush handed the SS job? He’ll sign one AND draft one, let the best man win.

1 minute ago, pigsooie5 said:

How can you actually draw this conclusion though? Nobody knows exactly how Bush would do in a starting capacity. Moot point though, do you actually believe Pace is gunna walk into week 1 with Bush handed the SS job? He’ll sign one AND draft one, let the best man win.

Every time he's played. He's played poorly. That's not how you earn a starting spot imo.

I have no doubts that we'll sign a starting SS and we should bring in a quality #3.

16 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Homer Amos hate? Huh? 

Deon Bush has also, actually, proven to be okay when given the chance. Not sure we want "okay" as a starter, though. 

Archived