Amos to Green Bay

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, dafreak said:

HaHa > Amos. And I'm not sure it's even close.

It's funny because you don't hear a lot of Bears fans trashing Amos, even though Packers fans are delusional in thinking that he's worth the money they paid to sign him.

Whereas the slightest Bears interest in signing HaHa brings all these spiteful and hateful comments on the guy from Packer nation, despite that he will likely end up signing for way cheaper than Amos did and probably be just as effective as a player if not better.

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's funny because you don't hear a lot of Bears fans trashing Amos, even though Packers fans are delusional in thinking that he's worth the money they paid to sign him.

Whereas the slightest Bears interest in signing HaHa brings all these spiteful and hateful comments on the guy from Packer nation, despite that he will likely end up signing for way cheaper than Amos did and probably be just as effective as a player if not better.

Packers fans have been trashing HHCD for awhile now, not because he's just now signing with the Bears lol. 

Amos is twice the player HHCD is. Especially the last could seasons. 

8 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Packers fans have been trashing HHCD for awhile now, not because he's just now signing with the Bears lol. 

Yeah, I remember I had the bad judgement to wade into the Green and Gold pool and criticize the trade, and was roasted for that. What gives? 

17 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

I would absolutely pay more for Haha than Amos.  Don't sleep on Haha. Watch him turn into an all pro with a pass rush. 10 per for him is a steal. 

Well you should be ecstatic then getting him for about 1/3 of $10 mil.  xD

19 hours ago, soulman said:

I think kicking Clinton-Dix tires is a good move.  He was a guy we looked at drafting in 2014 when we took Fuller and he versatile enough to play either Safety position so he gives us some FS depth as well as the potential to start at SS.

I don't think anyone in the Bears front office or coaching staff is ready to say Bush is the guy just yet.  Signing Clinton-Dix provides some starting caliber competition for SS.  There are others we could look at as well but he knows the NFCN.

But this would be a problem. Signing him for this kind of money would be nuts and Washington wants to keep him if they can.

According to Spotrac, Clinton-Dix is expected to see a deal that could be north of $9 million a year.

If we bring in a vet Safety he's gonna have to cost us a whole lot less than that.

And he did cost us a whole lot less than that.  emoticon_banana.gif

Geez I love quoting myself when we get some good news.  LOL

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know that I'd call them delusional but they can be extremely defensive and unrealistic at times.  I have years and years of experience with that.

They've managed to get by with marginal defenses for quite awhile allowing some good players to leave in order to pay for Rodgers, an OL to protect him, very good WRs , and Pass Rushers like Matthews allowing their scoring to win for them and their defenses to lag somewhat.

Having back to back HOF QBs and playing in a weaker NFNC many years worked well for a long time but it's caught up with them now.

Clinton-Dix came in at a time when their defense was in a decline.  They lost some key guys who weren't replaced by those they drafted and Thompson was not a fan of spending big in FA to cover for that.  So was Dom Capers a lousy DC or was he always a little short on talent?

Coming from "Bama you have to think HHC-D was used to winning and being coached by one of the best defensive minds in football so maybe he got a little frustrated as his team declined and his performance went downhill.  He kind of admitted to that anyway and got traded.

Now he's where he decided he wanted to be so we'll see if he can start playing like a 1st round pick again.

I'm happy for Amos and that he got paid.  I think he would have preferred to stay but we couldn't match an offer like he got.  I would have preferred he sign somewhere else like Denver but oddly enough Fangio didn't seem to pursue him out here so to me that's a bit of a "tell" as far as how he valued him as well.  I hope he does well in the "Tundra" and soon I have a feeling my grandson and I will be discussing this as well.  He's a huge Packer fan.

10 hours ago, soulman said:

Well you should be ecstatic then getting him for about 1/3 of $10 mil.  xD

You have no idea. Our talent can let his show and he has tons to show. Missing a tackle in the box isn't the same as missing one as the last defender. We can help him and he saw that. If true, I love that he took a smaller deal from us to play with Eddie and a top tier D/team on the rise. He didn't run for the biggest right now check. He's betting on himself and this is his year to prove it.  Ya I think I'll kick the tires at 3.5 for that. 

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

You have no idea. Our talent can let his show and he has tons to show. Missing a tackle in the box isn't the same as missing one as the last defender. We can help him and he saw that. If true, I love that he took a smaller deal from us to play with Eddie and a top tier D/team on the rise. He didn't run for the biggest right now check. He's betting on himself and this is his year to prove it.  Ya I think I'll kick the tires at 3.5 for that. 

After being deemed expendable by GB 2 years after being first team all pro he’s got every incentive to show he’s still that guy, and we put him in an ideal scenario in which he can do just that. If he shows out in 2019 and gets a mega deal it’s good for the 2019 Bears AND the 2021 Bears who would likely net a good comp pick after he gets rich elsewhere. Ultimate win-win. 

Archived