Fl0nkerton

Packers signing Former Bears Safety Adrian Amos

so we took 2 players that were on top defenses last year? good way to change a culture.

If the 4/ 32 number is correct, I like this signing a lot more than the rest of the safety signings this off season.  He's not the FS that defense BADLY needs but he's an upgrade over Jones.

Hopefully they aren't done addressing safety this off season because we'll still struggle with a Amos/ Brice or Amos/ Jones pairing at safety.  

59 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

-He does not make a ton of big plays, prior to his 2 INTs this season he had 1 in 3 years and Hicks called him spatula hands.

Khalil Mack effect.

35 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Anyone have any bear spray?

Quick, Robin.  Pass me the bear spray.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Pro Football Focus graded Amos as a top-10 coverage safety each of the past two seasons. Over the past three seasons combined, Amos earned the third-highest grade among safeties, per PFF.

We always found his PFF grades kind of funny.

Decent player, but top 3 NFL safety is a joke.  Obviously, or he would be being paid much more.

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think I saw 4 years/32

That would be fantastic.

4/37.... This is an excellent contract!

Really really really scared about signing a guy who looked like crap until he got a good running mate to a big deal. Granted that also coincided with him being a younger guy, but you're rolling the dice here that he's a difference maker and not a JAG.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Really really really scared about signing a guy who looked like crap until he got a good running mate to a big deal. Granted that also coincided with him being a younger guy, but you're rolling the dice here that he's a difference maker and not a JAG.

Feel the same way. I'm hoping for the best here though, because we DID need help there regardless. Kind of wonder if everybody expected the safety market to blow up like it did. This is not the same market teams saw last year.

When did he look like crap-  his rookie year?... He's been good the last two years.

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

When did he look like crap-  his rookie year?... He's been good the last two years.

That is the point he was making... Amos was pedestrian until Eddie Jackson came on board

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

That is the point he was making... Amos was pedestrian until Eddie Jackson came on board

Pedestrian is different than looking like crap... He was a 5th round pick and started every game as a rookie, was he suppose to all pro or something?!?

At 24 and 25, his 3rd and 4th seasons, he was a good NFL safety. That's  a very good progression.

17 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Pedestrian is different than looking like crap... He was a 5th round pick and started every game as a rookie, was he suppose to all pro or something?!?

At 24 and 25, his 3rd and 4th seasons, he was a good NFL safety. That's  a very good progression.

He’ll upgrade the safety position and bring some additional toughness to that secondary. And by today’s standards, that contract doesn’t sound too outrageous.

BONUS: He was a durable Starter on a division rival’s defense!

What’s not to like about this signing? I don’t see any downside!