Packers signing Former Bears Safety Adrian Amos

Fl0nkerton

8 hours ago, persiandud said:

do we have any more money? would like to see us sign another safety to pair with amos, like tre boston

From Spotrac and Over The Cap, GB has like $12.5M left.  Without allocating about $5.5M for the rookies.  So yah, pretty tight.  

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

From Spotrac and Over The Cap, GB has like $12.5M left.  Without allocating about $5.5M for the rookies.  So yah, pretty tight.  

This is good news cause I was negotiating a vet minimum deal for that Safety spot. I look forward to your cheers at Lambeau and support on this board this season :)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, Outpost31 said:

Man, I didn't know the Bears signing Clinton-Dix was official.  Dude's gonna have like 7-9 interceptions for them.  He's going to give up huge plays, but he's going to have like 7-9 interceptions this season, which will make every single Bears fan in the world gloat because they'll be too stupid to realize that Clinton-Dix hurt more than helped. 

HaHa with that defense and that pass rush will probably be an all-pro just because of his ability to make plays. 

I was the biggest Clinton-Dix supporter here and even supported him right up to the trade because I know what he's capable of, but I'd still take Amos over him every single time.  There's a reason why the Patriots win Super Bowls so often and have gone to 97 straight Championships, and it's because every single player on that team does their job and plays like a team.  Amos fits that mold.  Clinton-Dix does not fit that mold. 

You’re assuming their defense continues to grow. They lost their DC. Normally when Fangio has left a defense... they start to fall back to the pack. Makes me think that he is the special element.

Not to say they won’t be good, they will. But they likely aren’t as dominant. And with that Haha isn’t likely to just walk in and happen into double/triple his career avgerage in INTs. The most he ever had was 5, in 2016. Doubt he gets anywhere near 9.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:19 AM, Green19 said:

You’re assuming their defense continues to grow. They lost their DC. Normally when Fangio has left a defense... they start to fall back to the pack. Makes me think that he is the special element.

Not to say they won’t be good, they will. But they likely aren’t as dominant. And with that Haha isn’t likely to just walk in and happen into double/triple his career avgerage in INTs. The most he ever had was 5, in 2016. Doubt he gets anywhere near 9.

Just think of HaHa's career though.  Literally the best pass rusher he ever played with was 2014 when he had Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers.  That as his rookie year.  He only had one interception that year, but it was his rookie year, and he DID have two interceptions in The Great Sorrow. 

Guy like Mack rushing the QB?  Could be really good for HaHa. 

More important than that though is his attitude.  With the right mind, Clinton-Dix has all-pro capability.  If the Bears keep winning, he'll only get better. 

It's his attitude that keeps Clinton-Dix at the suck/okay level.  He didn't fully suck until we were out of the playoffs last year, and that carried into this season once we started losing.  Carried into Washington since everyone knew they didn't have a shot. 

The better the Bears do, the better Clinton-Dix does. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's his attitude that keeps Clinton-Dix at the suck/okay level.  He didn't fully suck until we were out of the playoffs last year, and that carried into this season once we started losing.  Carried into Washington since everyone knew they didn't have a shot. 

Weren't the Redskins playing really well at the time of the trade? I don't think their season went off the rails until Alex Smith was injured. Haha's effort never seemed tied to results to me.  To me, it always seemed like it was tied to his responsibilities. It was apparent to me that Haha loved playing center field. When he wasn't asked to do that or was needed elsewhere, that's where I seen his effort start looking worse. And he seemed to have little ability to snap out of it.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Weren't the Redskins playing really well at the time of the trade? I don't think their season went off the rails until Alex Smith was injured. Haha's effort never seemed tied to results to me.  To me, it always seemed like it was tied to his responsibilities. It was apparent to me that Haha loved playing center field. When he wasn't asked to do that or was needed elsewhere, that's where I seen his effort start looking worse. And he seemed to have little ability to snap out of it.

He played with Alex Smith for a whole 2.5 games.  He had 28 tackles in three games before Smith got hurt.  He played poorly against Atlanta, but you can't really blame him for that one going to a whole new team and a whole new scheme and starting right after a trade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just think of HaHa's career though.  Literally the best pass rusher he ever played with was 2014 when he had Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers.  That as his rookie year.  He only had one interception that year, but it was his rookie year, and he DID have two interceptions in The Great Sorrow. 

More important than that though is his attitude.  With the right mind, Clinton-Dix has all-pro capability.  If the Bears keep winning, he'll only get better. 

But that’s my point... will the bears do well this year? They aren’t fooling anyone... and they lost a big cog in Fangio.

Well their QB progress more? Etc.

Could Haha be like Hyde and have a career year? Possibly... but normally guys don’t do that on their third team in 2 years. More so when their avgerage is just 3 INTs.

Lets also not act like he wasn’t put into position to be a game breaker... he was, and he didn’t. He just isn’t that player... and he likely won’t be just because of Mack. If he was he would of been able to make Amos money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He's been average to bad a lot longer than that. 

• 1 month later...

From pffffft

47.1 percent of Adrian Amos’ career targets have resulted in either a forced incompletion or defensive stop.
That percentage ties Amos with Charles Woodson for the best mark by a safety in the PFF era. 

screen-shot-2019-03-17-at-6.54.45-pm.png