Packers signing Former Bears Safety Adrian Amos

Fl0nkerton

Chicago media and the Bears have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Packers.  They are trying really hard to stir up a rivalry with this Clinton Dix vs. Amos stuff.  Several stories of late about this .. all coming out of Chicago.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2019/06/13/hub-arkush-chicago-bears-and-new-s-ha-ha-clinton-dix-expect-to-have-last-laugh/a71yvnu/

You have to be a member to read this,  but I think you get the idea.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

43 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Chicago media and the Bears have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Packers.  They are trying really hard to stir up a rivalry with this Clinton Dix vs. Amos stuff.  Several stories of late about this .. all coming out of Chicago.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2019/06/13/hub-arkush-chicago-bears-and-new-s-ha-ha-clinton-dix-expect-to-have-last-laugh/a71yvnu/

You have to be a member to read this,  but I think you get the idea.

It's just posturing. If they really believed HHCD was and always had been the better player they would have gave him a lot more than a 1 year, $3.5 million deal, full stop. No one says "yes this guy is a great safety who grades awesome, let's give him a cheap one year prove it deal so we can pay him ten times this much next season!" If they legitimately believed HHCD was about to go off in their defense they'd have locked him up for as long as they could. Even Chicago isn't convinced he could be trusted; all of this nonsense is smoke because it looks bad when your former safety gets a big deal with a rival and then you sign their former player (that two teams didn't want) for cheap. 

Having said that, if they actually graded HHCD better than Amos last year, then I look forward to seeing that team Hindenberg into the ground. I've never accumulated more distaste for a player I previously liked than I do every time I watch HHCD on film the last two years. He played soft, tentative football designed to keep him safe while maximizing his splash stats. This is partly just personal preference, but I absolutely despise the type of safety he's become, which sucks because early career Ha Ha was a grinder and frankly I miss him 🙁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

It's just posturing. If they really believed HHCD was and always had been the better player they would have gave him a lot more than a 1 year, $3.5 million deal, full stop. No one says "yes this guy is a great safety who grades awesome, let's give him a cheap one year prove it deal so we can pay him ten times this much next season!" If they legitimately believed HHCD was about to go off in their defense they'd have locked him up for as long as they could. Even Chicago isn't convinced he could be trusted; all of this nonsense is smoke because it looks bad when your former safety gets a big deal with a rival and then you sign their former player (that two teams didn't want) for cheap. 

Having said that, if they actually graded HHCD better than Amos last year, then I look forward to seeing that team Hindenberg into the ground. I've never accumulated more distaste for a player I previously liked than I do every time I watch HHCD on film the last two years. He played soft, tentative football designed to keep him safe while maximizing his splash stats. This is partly just personal preference, but I absolutely despise the type of safety he's become, which sucks because early career Ha Ha was a grinder and frankly I miss him 🙁

It really couldn't be said much better than this right here. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:35 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, keep an even head. this thread is starting to look like the Josh Jones hype train from his rookie year. God was that thing out of control.

I still remember getting destroyed on Reddit when Jones was playing linebacker some in OTAs and it was OMG WE FINALLY HAVE OUR SUPER FAST AWESOME LINEBACKER. And just being like okay, slow the roll boys. 

Good to be excited though but we are getting ahead of ourselves on a lot of ****

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

I still remember getting destroyed on Reddit when Jones was playing linebacker some in OTAs and it was OMG WE FINALLY HAVE OUR SUPER FAST AWESOME LINEBACKER. And just being like okay, slow the roll boys. 

Good to be excited though but we are getting ahead of ourselves on a lot of ****

Totally get what you are saying, but....

'Tis the season for getting way ahead of ourselves!  No harm in that.  Reality will be here soon enough.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Totally get what you are saying, but....

'Tis the season for getting way ahead of ourselves!  No harm in that.  Reality will be here soon enough.

No there isn't. Until the hype doesn't become real right away and everyone cries bust because whoever the player is, isn't great the first 3 weeks or whatnot.

This was also a kind of a shot at Reddit.. Where it seemed half of them thought Brice was going to switch to corner and be the next Sherman lol. Morons

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Norm said:

No there isn't. Until the hype doesn't become real right away and everyone cries bust because whoever the player is, isn't great the first 3 weeks or whatnot.

This was also a kind of a shot at Reddit.. Where it seemed half of them thought Brice was going to switch to corner and be the next Sherman lol. Morons

With that size/speed combo, how could Brice miss, right?  LOL.

Tis the season of optimism.  And I'm drinking in the Kool Aid.  Mighty refreshing. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Tis the season of optimism.  And I'm drinking in the Kool Aid.  Mighty refreshing. 

What flavor Kool Aid to you like? Lime green by chance? :)

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm pretty sure I posted his triangle times next to AJ Hawks or someone like that and asked if he could play corner too. They didn't think like that lol

• Like 1