Packers signing Former Bears Safety Adrian Amos

Fl0nkerton

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There's just so much here. Too much. I'll let others pick this apart. I don't have the time or the patience to keep doing this with you.

Do you realistically think the Packers could make an offer that was good enough to keep the Bears from matching?  Yes or no?

Just a quick glace at the safety contracts without going into major detail.

1. Landon Collins (6 years, $84m contract, $44.5m guaranteed)

2. Earl Thomas (4 years, $55m contract, $32m guaranteed)

3. Lamarcus Joyner (4 years, $42m contract, $21m guaranteed)

4. Tyrann Mathieu (3 years, $42m contract, $??m guaranteed)

5. Adrian Amos (4 years, $37m contract, $12m guaranteed)

We've done well haven't we? He may not be as flashy as Earl Thomas or Tyrann Mathieu but we should get solid, consistent, mistake-free safety play. :D

I'm curious to see what Tre Boston will get. When he was cut from the Panthers making him a free agent he ended up with just a 1 year deal with the Chargers. He put up a very strong year and somehow saw very little interest in his second shot in FA. Ended up signing another 1 year deal with Arizona. After a fairly solid season he's now at his 3rd bite of the FA apple. Surely his last two years will finally parlay into a nice sizeable contract for him. This is a guy who KNOWS how to make interceptions. 13 in college,  10 in the last three years. Athletically he is on par with Amos. If free agency does not work out for him again then he would be a excellent fit for us, especially with those dredds. Defensive backs and dredds have a long storied history in Green Bay.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ha-Ha > Amos -- and they got him for a lot cheaper too. (Of course he wouldn't have been happy staying in GB) so kind of a moot point.

Haha really only has better ball skills than Amos, other than that Amos sure looks to excels at most of HaHa's deficiencies. Specially Amos being a more aggressive and isn't afraid of contact. The cap being adjusted in the first couple years for Amos is very nice as well. Only thing good about the bears signing him is they got him cheap and for 1 year.

21 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Watch Aaron Rodgers decide to counter that and throw for 27 TDs and 6000yds in the 2 games against the Bears, just to be a ****...

I just mean I could see him decide to actually play twice a year just because it's against his old team.  Or maybe he won't and he'll be his normal half-assing self.  Not worried about him either way.

• Like 1