Packers signing Former Bears Safety Adrian Amos

Fl0nkerton

3 hours ago, James Lofton said:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ha-Ha > Amos -- and they got him for a lot cheaper too. (Of course he wouldn't have been happy staying in GB) so kind of a moot point.

I'll bite.  HaHa at his best is probably on a short list of best safeties in the league.  The problem is, we have seen that for probably a handful of quarters over the last two seasons, both with the Packers and the Redskins.  IF he returns to form, the Bears got a heck of a deal.  The recent patterns, and the contract that he signed, suggest that most in the league don't think very highly of HaHa at this point in his career.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'll bite.  HaHa at his best is probably on a short list of best safeties in the league.  The problem is, we have seen that for probably a handful of quarters over the last two seasons, both with the Packers and the Redskins.  IF he returns to form, the Bears got a heck of a deal.  The recent patterns, and the contract that he signed, suggest that most in the league don't think very highly of HaHa at this point in his career.

Bang on

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

The fact he got so little on one year means he'll probably play his tail off

That's the point of taking the 1 year deal... but he was paid less than $4m last year and didn't exactly play his tail off

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That's the point of taking the 1 year deal... but he was paid less than $4m last year and didn't exactly play his tail off

True. He was in it then and played half assed too. Maybe this is a wake up call. I'm just saying it's not automatic he's gonna suck is all.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, James Lofton said:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ha-Ha > Amos -- and they got him for a lot cheaper too. (Of course he wouldn't have been happy staying in GB) so kind of a moot point.

If you're willing to take the ups and the downs with HHCD, sure.  But that's part of the value of Amos is that he's durable and reliable.  I'm not sure at any point in the last two years would I use reliable in a positive way.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

You have to wonder what the hell happened with him here and why it appears his heart isn't in it.  I'm glad we got Amos.  The Bears can have Ha Ha.  

Man, I didn't know the Bears signing Clinton-Dix was official.  Dude's gonna have like 7-9 interceptions for them.  He's going to give up huge plays, but he's going to have like 7-9 interceptions this season, which will make every single Bears fan in the world gloat because they'll be too stupid to realize that Clinton-Dix hurt more than helped. 

HaHa with that defense and that pass rush will probably be an all-pro just because of his ability to make plays. 

I was the biggest Clinton-Dix supporter here and even supported him right up to the trade because I know what he's capable of, but I'd still take Amos over him every single time.  There's a reason why the Patriots win Super Bowls so often and have gone to 97 straight Championships, and it's because every single player on that team does their job and plays like a team.  Amos fits that mold.  Clinton-Dix does not fit that mold. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, persiandud said:

do we have any more money? would like to see us sign another safety to pair with amos, like tre boston

According to the latest reports, we're at $23.75 after Russ Ball returned his empties and Gute pawned his beer fridge.