Adrian Amos signs with Green Bay

SBLIII

55 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Even if Amos is just pretty darn good, it would be a massive upgrade for us at safety.

Serious question: how much of an upgrade would this have been over Damarious Randall, in your opinion?

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Serious question: how much of an upgrade would this have been over Damarious Randall, in your opinion?

Based on how Randall played last year?  A bit, but not a ton.  Randall was a very solid FS for the Browns.  But Amos is a bit better SS than Randall is a FS.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Honest Assessment

Positives

-His 2 biggest assets are durability and reliability

-He is a good tackler

-He does not blow assignments

-He is solid in the 2 deep zone

Negatives

-Do not put him in man coverage, he was exposed when Jackson was injured

-He does not have the range to play single high, he always has Jackson beside him

-He does not make a ton of big plays, prior to his 2 INTs this season he had 1 in 3 years and Hicks called him spatula hands.

That seems to be about as accurate a description as I've seen someone make of Amos.  He's a solid safety, but he doesn't do anything exceptionally well.  And given that the Packers put up with HHCD and his inconsistency, I'm assuming he'll be a breath of fresh air.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

That seems to be about as accurate a description as I've seen someone make of Amos.  He's a solid safety, but he doesn't do anything exceptionally well.  And given that the Packers put up with HHCD and his inconsistency, I'm assuming he'll be a breath of fresh air.

Reliable and Durable is literally the best descriptors for him.

Did the Packers pay a lot for those 2 things? Yes, but when you are bleeding out you do not quibble about what hospital you go to. The Packers have been bleeding out at safety and he should stop that.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Reliable and Durable is literally the best descriptors for him.

Did the Packers pay a lot for those 2 things? Yes, but when you are bleeding out you do not quibble about what hospital you go to. The Packers have been bleeding out at safety and he should stop that.

I mean, going from HHCD who had the splashy plays, but his level of consistency killed it and probably helped push him out of Green Bay.  If my choice is Amos at 4/$37M or Collins at 6/$84M, I'm taking Amos by a country mile.  And that's coming from someone who got done telling @Pool that Amos was an average starter.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, going from HHCD who had the splashy plays, but his level of consistency killed it and probably helped push him out of Green Bay.  If my choice is Amos at 4/$37M or Collins at 6/$84M, I'm taking Amos by a country mile.  And that's coming from someone who got done telling @Pool that Amos was an average starter.

Amos is not 1/2 as good as Collins, but he is paid that way.

The Collins deal is nuts. The Bears are going to be paying Jackson that much and had no chance of keeping Amos.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Amos is not 1/2 as good as Collins, but he is paid that way.

The Collins deal is nuts. The Bears are going to be paying Jackson that much and had no chance of keeping Amos.

Hit the nail on the head Windy. Eddie Jackson will be the highest paid Safety in NFL history.

Archived