Packers Signing Preston Smith

Fl0nkerton

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He does have really ****ty musical taste though.

haha I saw something he posted when I went today and it didn't look my taste either. I'm sure he's a nice enough dude. It just gets my goat that he jacked that and gave Waldo credit for a while until he became e-scouting-famous for it and stopped.

55 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It's almost as if that's the biggest factor in free agency...

Since we're doing this again and I feel strawmanned lol. I'm the one who believes it's harder to get guys here than other spots. I never said money isn't the most important. I kept repeating all things being equal, most guys will go somewhere else. But nobody seems to understand that's possible

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Since we're doing this again and I feel strawmanned lol. I'm the one who believes it's harder to get guys here than other spots. I never said money isn't the most important. I kept repeating all things being equal, most guys will go somewhere else. But nobody seems to understand that's possible

Just seems like a really implausible situation. Like when are you going to have 2 teams bidding and they both cap out at the same dollar amount? 99 times out of a hundred one team will just offer more than the other team to secure the player.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Joke's on us.  Houston is gonna be more worth that money than Preston I feel like.  

I dont really care about the money. We can afford Preston and Z - and - (apparently) they're the players GB targeted.

Perhaps there's a reason:
Smith - last 4 years - 64 games played - 16 games each season.
Z - last 4 years - 58 games played - 15, 13, 14, 16  games each season.
Houston - last 4 years - 43 games played - 11, 5, 15, 12 games each season.

Houston's 4 years older (30) and has played (approx) a seasons worth of games less than Z (15 games) and a season+ games less than Smith (21 games).

Cant say who's gonna have more sacks, TFL's or QB pressures in 2019 - but odds are Houston wont see the field as many games as either Smith or Z and being able to stay on the field has value IMO.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont really care about the money. We can afford Preston and Z - and - (apparently) they're the players GB targeted.

Perhaps there's a reason:
Smith - last 4 years - 64 games played - 16 games each season.
Z - last 4 years - 58 games played - 15, 13, 14, 16  games each season.
Houston - last 4 years - 43 games played - 11, 5, 15, 12 games each season.

Houston's 4 years older (30) and has played (approx) a seasons worth of games less than Z (15 games) and a season+ games less than Smith (21 games).

Cant say who's gonna have more sacks, TFL's or QB pressures in 2019 - but odds are Houston wont see the field as many games as either Smith or Z and being able to stay on the field has value IMO.

Very good response and post.