Packers Signing Preston Smith

Fl0nkerton

I remember Preston Smith had an awesome rookie season when he first came into the league. Looks like he kind of came back to earth after that and then had a decent 2017. Hopefully he can become more consistent, but I like the signing. Both Smith's have the same body type that Pettine is looking for in the defense.

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Still want Burns at 12 don’t @ me 

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ditto. We should still go the Burns at 12, Fant/Smith Jr. at 30, and Lindstrom at 44. 

I'd still like Burns at #12.  But honestly, trade down now.

If they can come out of the draft with Risner, Fant/Hock, Thornhill/Gardner-Johnson it would be amazing.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not bad, but don't be expecting a super star. Fits well with what we're doing but this is not a sack master.

Very much agree.

He should also be better than anything we put out last year.  Pettine proved that he can get pressure with what he had last year.  Now he's got better guys.  

Really opens up possibilities in the draft now, too.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not bad, but don't be expecting a super star. Fits well with what we're doing but this is not a sack master.

Just heard an interesting eval from Casserly on NFL Network: Smith lacks the speed to get there from the outside but is better geared to provide pressure from inside - which kinda has a feel for how Pettine was setting up our D last year no? Now - that could have been because we didnt have the goods on the outside last year......but, just saying.....