Teddy bridgewater re-signs with saints

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, pretty shocking but I'm assuming the Saints are prepared for this to be Brees last season.

Even still, you can't trust your bosses over handshake agreements. Who is to say the Saints don't fall in love with a QB in the 2020 draft, trade the farm to get him, and Teddy is left being a backup? Or Brees decides to stay even longer? When it comes to being an employee, sometimes you have to look out for yourself first. I appreciate what Teddy is doing, but you've gotta be a little selfish sometimes when it comes to your job. Or at least have an agent who is selfish for you.

I don't know how many times I read that he wouldn't be back over the course of the season. Glad we're getting a deal done, he and Thomas seem to have a good relationship already. He's a good fit in New Orleans. 

46 minutes ago, theJ said:

That was unexpected.

Does he know something about Brees that we don't?

Most of us thing this will end up being Brees' last year with the Saints, whether he continues to play football might be a different story.  After this season the Saints won't have money owed to Brees and it's apparent he can't play at the same level he used to, so if he wants to stay with the Saints he'll have to start resigning on a yearly basis for a reasonable contract, if not they have Teddy to take over.  The Saints roster is pretty set for continuing over the next few years as long as the QB play is good.

33 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Teddy’s soon gonna learn he’s gonna get old before Drew does

Brees has already started showing his age later in the season.

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Even still, you can't trust your bosses over handshake agreements. Who is to say the Saints don't fall in love with a QB in the 2020 draft, trade the farm to get him, and Teddy is left being a backup? Or Brees decides to stay even longer? When it comes to being an employee, sometimes you have to look out for yourself first. I appreciate what Teddy is doing, but you've gotta be a little selfish sometimes when it comes to your job. Or at least have an agent who is selfish for you.

Unless the Saints just fall off a cliff, even trading the farm won't get them in a position to get a player worth spending all that capital.  I'm sure his contract has clauses that will let him leave if things do move away from him being a starter.

Another big part to take into account is, what is the actual amount of guaranteed money from these other contracts that were out there?  If he's only getting 10-20 mil guaranteed, then who's to say that if the team sucks in Miami, which is probably will, that he wouldn't be blamed due to the lack of talent around him and he gets cut and loses out on a better situation?  Sticking with the Saints as a back-up on a 2 yr contract or so until Brees retires and he takes over, then look to cash in with a bigger, more guaranteed contract from the Saints in a better longterm solution.

Bad decision; he should have gone to the Dolphins and tried to make something of himself. I guarantee that he will never be 1st choice in New Orleans, so he's given up more money and a better chance of a starting position for.... what exactly? I really don't get this. 

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

Bad decision; he should have gone to the Dolphins and tried to make something of himself. I guarantee that he will never be 1st choice in New Orleans, so he's given up more money and a better chance of a starting position for.... what exactly? I really don't get this. 

Canjun food?

Archived