Comps

LoganF89

1 minute ago, Marcus21 said:

It’s possible the league colluded and low balled the safety market last year over the Eric Reed saga. Purely speculation!!

My man stil got his money in the settlement though, so Reid is good. Plus the team he's on now is paying him. 

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Just figured I would start a thread to keep up with if we get any or not

according to sportrac the contracts of Landon Collins and Preston smith were a wash of a 3rd round selection

so fat we are getting a 4th for Crowder. If he could of gotten 1 to 1.5 mil more we prob could of gotten a 3rd

We're going to need to see how the rest of the market shakes out. It could end up be a 5th for Crowder due to higher contracts ahead of him.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Something confusing me - I've seen it all morn on NFL Network , a crawl that says Collins get ...$32 mill... guaranteed . I think I then heard over the next two years . So is it $32 or $45 guaranteed. Is this just some kind of semantics ?

Semantics.

Guarantees

• Fully guaranteed
    • Signing bonus = $15M
    • 2019 salary = $1M
    • 2020 salary = $10M
  • Effectively fully guaranteed (barring Washington pulling the plug after the 2019 season)
    • 2024 option year bonus or non-execution fee (occurs in 2020) = $6M
  • Guaranteed for injury
    • 2021salary = $12.5M

So, assuming Washington doesn't cut Collins after a single year, it works out to be $32M in guarantees. But it works out to $44.5M if you include the guarantee for injury.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If we really net a 3rd round comp pick for losing Preston Smith that just shows you how laughably bad they screwed up the Kirk Cousins situation (and not getting more compensation for him).  

Well, we won't net a pick since his signing by Green Bay will cancel out our signing of Collins. But yeah, that does hurt a bit more. Again, though, it's in the past ... we can only move forward.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Semantics.

Guarantees

• Fully guaranteed
    • Signing bonus = $15M
    • 2019 salary = $1M
    • 2020 salary = $10M
  • Effectively fully guaranteed (barring Washington pulling the plug after the 2019 season)
    • 2024 option year bonus or non-execution fee (occurs in 2020) = $6M
  • Guaranteed for injury
    • 2021salary = $12.5M

So, assuming Washington doesn't cut Collins after a single year, it works out to be $32M in guarantees. But it works out to $44.5M if you include the guarantee for injury.

Excellent - so minimal cap hit for 2019 . Pay for the dance later :D

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You’re kidding me right? Reid sucked. 

That's not the point he was making. The point was clearly that the teams didnt want to pay anyone in the safety market bc Reid was suing the league over collusion.

Just now, LoganF89 said:

According to over the cap we have a 3rd round cancellation with us receiving a 4th and 5th from Crowder and Nsekhe

For now. It could slide depending on how other contract shake out. Right now, that list is somewhat unstable. Check back in a few days (maybe next Monday) and that will get us a clearer sense of what they'll get.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

For now. It could slide depending on how other contract shake out. Right now, that list is somewhat unstable. Check back in a few days (maybe next Monday) and that will get us a clearer sense of what they'll get.

Of course, all depends on who signs and for how much and who else we sign. From what I’ve read it’s mostly based on APY contact value but I also read that some other indicators can be amount of time/snaps played and post season as well. So it makes you wonder if Crowder and Nsekhe can stay healthy and play all year or one team make the playoffs if Crowder can be bumped to a 3rd or Nsekhe to a 4th but really we won’t know that until the season is over

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Of course, all depends on who signs and for how much and who else we sign. From what I’ve read it’s mostly based on APY contact value but I also read that some other indicators can be amount of time/snaps played and post season as well. So it makes you wonder if Crowder and Nsekhe can stay healthy and play all year or one team make the playoffs if Crowder can be bumped to a 3rd or Nsekhe to a 4th but really we won’t know that until the season is over

Not just us. If someone signs a AAV contract higher than Nsekhe, then his compensation coming back could potentially drop from the 5th round to 6th round compensation.

Fellas, who has been the gold standard since the 2000s?

The Pats.

See what they do each year? 

They sign guys for not too much $. The ones that are gonna break the bank they let walk. Then they pocket the comp picks for them. 

Right now, they have 2x 3rd rounders and a 6th.

This is how they keep the cupboard stocked and also allows them to move up to grab a guy if they need to.

Archived