Thomas Davis LB signs with Chargers

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Love TD.  Not as good in coverage anymore but his tackling, instincts, and run support are all still top notch.  And just an incredible leader. 

I wish him the best.

This. Guy has been a menace to the Saints for years now. He may not be what he once was, but I'm still glad to see him out of the NFCS.

Bold move by the Chargers to make sure Gates isn’t the slowest guy on the field this season. I don’t hate the deal as the numbers aren’t huge but I’m not expecting much more then a good leader at this stage in his career. 

7 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Bold move by the Chargers to make sure Gates isn’t the slowest guy on the field this season. I don’t hate the deal as the numbers aren’t huge but I’m not expecting much more then a good leader at this stage in his career. 

Remember when Dwight Freeney as a free agent turned out to be a better LB/pass-rushing coach to the young guys on the team than Joe Barry was?  I feel like this is the same situation - save for swapping out Davis for Freeney and Richard Smith for Barry, respectively.

38 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Remember when Dwight Freeney as a free agent turned out to be a better LB/pass-rushing coach to the young guys on the team than Joe Barry was?  I feel like this is the same situation - save for swapping out Davis for Freeney and Richard Smith for Barry, respectively.

Dude im trying to tell you Freeney was a player coach is the greatest DL coach in history lol.  The 1 year he was here teaching beasley Vic was unstoppable and led the league in sacks and forced fumbles.  I said we need to sign him again the next year to continue to help beasley out but the let him go and Beasley hasn't been the same guy since then.   He started to look alot better toward the end fo last year with Irvin around though.  I think Vic just works really well with a talented vet he respects teaching him or working with him.

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

Yeah to me this seems like we are definitely targeting someone in the draft, maybe not in the top round or two, but someone in the 3rd or 4th is pretty likely IMO.

Archived