Packers signing former DEN OG Billy Turner (4 years $28M, $11M in Year 1)

FAH1223

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

I'm interested to see how these are structured. It makes me wonder if we are thinking about cutting Bulaga or Daniels a year early.

Wouldn't be surprised with Bulaga, but Daniels I would be.  Maybe trade Daniels?  Maybe Graham if Gute double dips at TE in the draft.

23 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Wouldn't be surprised with Bulaga, but Daniels I would be.  Maybe trade Daniels?  Maybe Graham if Gute double dips at TE in the draft.

We're not cutting Bryan Bulaga..  Did anyone miss the contracts that were just handed out to Trent Brown and Ja'Wuan James?

Just now, JBURGE said:

lmao Preston at 13m aav you don't like?

This is about 15th on the guard scale, I'm comfortable with that

13 million per is fine for Preston Smith, but he's going to be a disappointment at any dollar amount. 

This is like a nightmare offseason for me.  How long are we tied to Smith and Smith? 

Adrian Amos I really like.  That was one I wanted for a long time.  I'm happy there, but Z. Smith is like a nightmare signing.  We just updated Nick Perry's contract with a different Nick Perry. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

13 million per is fine for Preston Smith, but he's going to be a disappointment at any dollar amount. 

This is like a nightmare offseason for me.  How long are we tied to Smith and Smith? 

Adrian Amos I really like.  That was one I wanted for a long time.  I'm happy there, but Z. Smith is like a nightmare signing.  We just updated Nick Perry's contract with a different Nick Perry. 

If we can get a healthy 2016 nick perry out of Z. Smith I'm fine with that

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm with ya on Amos, he was my #1 choice at Safety.

The difference between Smith and Perry is Smith can stay healthy... How good would Perry be if he could stay healthy?

This is probably the most economical signing. Lane Taylor and Billy are graded about the same. Lane got 20M over 4 years 2 years ago. The cap has gone up 15% since then, which would equate to 23 over 4.  27 over 4 doesn't seem too bad. After 1 year 3 years 16 million is super managable 

Archived