Jordan Hicks to ARZ; what to do at MLB?

Jroc04

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes with a rotation of runningbacks. One of which was a FA, the other was acquired via trade for a 4th round pick, and the other undrafted. The point is there is no reason for us to expend high draft capital on such a position. If Josh Jacobs falls to our 2nd round pick, then by all means. Otherwise we should take one no earlier than our 4th round pick.

So if we draft Josh Jacobs in the 1st and win a SB, it will still be a waste of draft capital?

The only way to "waste" draft capital is to draft bad players or make silly trades.

The issue is you just don't love Jacobs, but I bet you'd have no problem trading #25 straight up for Saquon Barkley.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So if we draft Josh Jacobs in the 1st and win a SB, it will still be a waste of draft capital?

The only way to "waste" draft capital is to draft bad players or make silly trades.

You don't win the Super Bowl by overdrafting a Runningback. Especially from a school that turns out underwhelming runningbacks that get overdrafted. Yes Mark Ingram and Derrick Henry were both overdrafted.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

You don't win the Super Bowl by overdrafting a Runningback. Especially from a school that turns out underwhelming runningbacks that get overdrafted. Yes Mark Ingram and Derrick Henry were both overdrafted.

Didn't like or want either of those RB's coming out. Josh Jacobs is a different story.

Also, the Patriots literally just overdrafted a RB and won the SB.

Just now, Danger said:

I agree with this to a point. Depends if u have a chance at an actual generational RB. Like Barkley, Gurley, or Gordon. Then it's worth it, however I still dont see Jacob's as a 1st round RB. Now back on topic, we def need to add LBs, I cant stand getry, I like kami but hes not starter material IMO. Need to get someone who can come in and start. Not many options I can think of though. 

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

I agree with this to a point. Depends if u have a chance at an actual generational RB. Like Barkley, Gurley, or Gordon. Then it's worth it, however I still dont see Jacob's as a 1st round RB. Now back on topic, we def need to add LBs, I cant stand getry, I like kami but hes not starter material IMO. Need to get someone who can come in and start. Not many options I can think of though. 

Is it bad that I'd be okay with having Kamu and a mid round rookie split time at the LB spot aside from Bradham?

Idk I think when Bradham was moved over the ball his efficiency fell off. I like Kamu the small sample size scares me. I say definitely draft someone. 

As far as the RB situation I think we can find a mid round back to help but resigning Ajayi would help. 

Ajayi

Adams

Clement

Rodney Anderson type in the 3rd-4th. 

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Idk I think when Bradham was moved over the ball his efficiency fell off. I like Kamu the small sample size scares me. I say definitely draft someone. 

As far as the RB situation I think we can find a mid round back to help but resigning Ajayi would help. 

Ajayi

Adams

Clement

Rodney Anderson in the 3rd-4th. 

Ajayi runs like he just got done riding a horse for 3 days and nights. His lower body is f'd. Time to move on.

You are right about Bradham. Moving him to MLB puts too much on his plate.

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ajayi

Adams

Clement

Rodney Anderson type in the 3rd-4th. 

That is a gruesome RB room.....lol 

Archived